Mountain Project Logo

Boise area next Tuesday/Wednesday AM (5/29 - 30)?

Original Post
BonnieAbbzug · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

Hey - I will be in Boise this weekend for my nephew's High School graduation and am tied up with that sort of stuff through Monday.  I leave Wednesday 5/30 and need to be at the airport by 1:30.

Anyone need a partner Tuesday/Wednesday AM? I will have a rental car.

I'm a safe, sane, and positive belayer, and have climbed all over the west and southeast since about 1991 (am a 42 yr old female).  

I'm in a recovery mode so I'm in fabulous shape and not leading super hard, but can lead 5.10 on bolts (as long as it isn't overhanging/steep terrain) and 5.8/9 on gear.  I follow much harder terrain, including multipitch.   I enjoy crack,slab or technical/balancy climbing.  

I'm coming to Boise on the back end of a business trip - I only brought harness, shoes etc (I try to get to gyms when I travel) so I don't have rope or gear :(  I'm just hoping to get outside if possible.  
But!!! I'll buy some beer and am happy to belay/follow/clean.  

You can reach me here or at 615 330 0376.

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374
BonnieAbbzug wrote: Hey - I will be in Boise this weekend for my nephew's High School graduation and am tied up with that sort of stuff through Monday.  I leave Wednesday 5/30 and need to be at the airport by 1:30.

Anyone need a partner Tuesday/Wednesday AM? I will have a rental car.

I'm a safe, sane, and positive belayer, and have climbed all over the west and southeast since about 1991 (am a 42 yr old female).  

I'm in a recovery mode so I'm in fabulous shape and not leading super hard, but can lead 5.10 on bolts (as long as it isn't overhanging/steep terrain) and 5.8/9 on gear.  I follow much harder terrain, including multipitch.   I enjoy crack,slab or technical/balancy climbing.  

I'm coming to Boise on the back end of a business trip - I only brought harness, shoes etc (I try to get to gyms when I travel) so I don't have rope or gear :(  I'm just hoping to get outside if possible.  
But!!! I'll buy some beer and am happy to belay/follow/clean.  

You can reach me here or at 615 330 0376.

Bumping this for you! Have you had any bites?

Best, Helen
FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276
Old lady H wrote:

Bumping this for you! Have you had any bites?

Best, Helen

Helen,

You can't climb with her? Remember when you couldn't find any partners? Maybe you're working? You do climb, don't  you? :)
FrankPS wrote:

Helen,

You can't climb with her? Remember when you couldn't find any partners? Maybe you're working? You do climb, don't  you? :)

Frank! Are you slowing down? I hope not. Took ya long enough to reply to a Boise post!

Yes, I already sent her a text. But, she's an accomplished trad climber, and perhaps would enjoy some one with a rack. She has the offer, and knows she'll get at least something, when she is here. I truly hate to see these go unanswered, you know that. Besides, it's been huge fun meeting people!

If you ever get up here, I'll take time off for you, too, sir. I've already hauled a crag dog in the Honda! Your crew would be most welcome here.

Best, Helen

And. Still need more people to climb with, and now, it would be great to have a training bud or two also. One of my new guys moved cause he's getting married. Sheesh. How selfish is that??!?

Thanks, Helen, for reaching out to me and planning to climb with me tomorrow at the Black Cliffs! I am excited.  It's been a couple years since I climbed on basalt; in fact the last time was near Twin and I think that was the last time I posted on the forums (I lurk but don't post). 

It will be fun - I don't have to have a partner with a full desert rack with triples up to sixes ;) to have a good time!    

I appreciate the hospitality you've shown! 

OMG! I just realized my OP said this: "I'm in a recovery mode so I'm in fabulous shape"  - I was posting from my phone and clearly not being a good reviewer of my own posts - it should be "I'm in a recovery mode so I'm NOT in fabulous shape ".  Helen, you may need to revise your expectations downward. I'm sorry!  *facepalm*

BonnieAbbzug wrote: OMG! I just realized my OP said this: "I'm in a recovery mode so I'm in fabulous shape"  - I was posting from my phone and clearly not being a good reviewer of my own posts - it should be "I'm in a recovery mode so I'm NOT in fabulous shape ".  Helen, you may need to revise your expectations downward. I'm sorry!  *facepalm*

Well, that's just pitiful. I was counting on you to push my walker up the approach for me. :-(

We'll muddle along just fine, I expect. As I said earlier, I've got enough stuff we can manage. I realized just yesterday, that although I've got a decent start on gear, I only have a few slings of known vintage. So, I used you as an excuse to pop for my first Alpine draws. I've got a trad climb out in CO, literally with my name on it, and need to make a good faith effort toward leading it next season. Gotta start gear sometime.

Honestly, I don't care. You're a friend, as far as I'm concerned, already, based on the conversations we've had. But, I'm guessing we'll both want to see the other being a happy climbing fool, surprise ourselves with our modest awesomeness, and "earn" a celebratory trip to eat something decadent after. Or, mutual consolation. Can't lose!

If the zombie apocalypse absconds with all the coffee in Boise overnight, though, all bets are off including if I get my pants on and show up...

Best, Helen
Uri Shapira · · Kibbutz HaHotrim Israel · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0

Hi There, I am going with my family (wife and three kids ages 6,4,1) to castle rock tomorrow (Tue 29/5). We are on an rv trip and keen on climbing but because of the kids and the fact that we are two adults its a bit hard. Im trying to hook up with an easy going climber who wants good company and is kid friendly. I dont mind the level that much. You belay me and ill belay you... Anyway, please contact me if you are interested, either by mail ushapira@gmail.com or by phone +1(267)6164812, my name is Uri

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern Utah & Idaho
Post a Reply to "Boise area next Tuesday/Wednesday AM (5/29 - 30)?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started