Mountain Project Logo

Humbug Spires MT May 26/27. Or the more popular Devils Tower.

Original Post
lostgringo · · Wenatchee, WA · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 36

Traveling through MT (WA --> WI) and would be very interested in a couple days climbing in the Humbugs.  I have never been, but have lots of experience climbing in the mountains.  If anyone nearby would like to team up for a short trip please send me a note.  The classic on the Wedge is high on my list, but finding someone to explore for another route (even something shorter, easier and more obscure )  could be great complement to the SW face.  My time is so limited and the area is remote and minimally developed so I hope that all potential partners will be very solid on 5.9 and have a good amount of climbing/mountaineering experience before hand. Thanks, Dave

humbugs don't seem like to be a popular mnt project folk venue.  maybe i'll spend the time at the d tower instead.  i would show up solo and still need to find a partner.  sat/sun/mon or some combination of that.  txt me if interested:  920-333-2268.  I need to make my final travel plans ASAP, so i hope to hear from you.   Cheers, dave

Ishani Sawant · · Manali, IN · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 60

Hi, I plan to drive down from Missoula same time. Let me know! I got gear, rack, rope

Chad Hiatt · · Bozeman, Mt · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 85

Humbug is worth the trip.  Most folks just hit the wedge, and it's easy to get 2 or 3 routes in without camping at the base.  The weather this weekend doesn't look promising, but if either of you will be around and want to try next weekend, let me know.  

Ishani Sawant · · Manali, IN · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 60

Hi Chiatt, I would be up for weekends. I stay in Missoula and have no car.

C- thanks for head's up on the forecast.  It looks pretty awful! Then I looked at the Bitteroots -- They're under a FLOOD WATCH!!  Crazy.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Wyoming, Montana, & Dakotas Partners
Post a Reply to "Humbug Spires MT May 26/27. Or the more popula…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started