Mountain Project Logo

Getting to Roger's Rock - Lake George, NY

Hamish Hamish · · Fredericksburg, VA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 15
Eric wrote: Nick, remember when you took this pic of my sis and I, paddling back from RR in the dark on cheapo inflatable inner tubes?

I would not recommend this, this was not my smartest plan

I admire your dedication :)

Nick Goldsmith · · Pomfret VT · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 440

Of Course Eric. you guys were absolute troopers! 

Bill Kirby · · Keene New York · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480

I met some guys who didn’t wanna pay entry fee to the park. They paddled from the Hague public dock! These guys managed to get their Reepschnur knot to pull through one of the rings then left a knot in the end of their rope. All that and still had to paddle back to Hague.

Robert Hall · · North Conway, NH · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 27,827

??  Usually when the Reepschnur knot  (the pull-down cord's knot with the main rap rope) pulls "through the rings" the outcome is quite serious, if not death. (?)  

Nope, the ropes just got jammed. My partner got them straightened out but they pulled their rope with a knot still at the end. At that point my other friend started talking smack to them. The weather was sunny so yea crazy day.

Robert Hall · · North Conway, NH · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 27,827

Ah, so the knot just "jammed partway into" the anchor rings(?) and didn't pull completely through.

That’s what it sounded like. I wasn’t at the anchor with him. That’s what he told me when I arrived.

Also not the best idea on slab either. The guy posted up his experience that day on MP about month later, left out they needed our help to get down and asked some questions. As much as I wanted to turn that thread into MP gold by coming in with the real story, I figured my friend that gave them so much shit was enough.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Getting to Roger's Rock - Lake George, NY"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started