Mountain Project Logo

New Places in Terryville , CT

Original Post
Albert J Carilli · · Terryville, CT · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 25

Todd Hollow Walls
Park at the corner  of Todd Hollow Road and Keegan Road in Terryville, CT.  Walk up the closed  road, turn left on Blue Trail.Walk up hill about 15 minutes. A dirt road crosses the trail. Turn left on the dirt road.  A 100 feet away is the Todd Hollow Cracked Wall, 20 feet high, 60 feet long. It is overhanging too. Routes vary from 5.3 to 5.10.  Return to the trail, the trail turns left up a short steep section, then downhill about 6 feet. When the trail goes uphill again, in about a minute, turn left again.  The Todd Hollow Smooth wall is 20 feet away. This is split by a horizontal crack.  It is 20 feet high, and 50 feet long.  Routes vary from 5.3 to 5,10 again.   Both of these walls have been cleaned and climbed by Connecticut Climbers and Mountaineers since 2012.  We have not put names or numbers on the lines.  
I refer to these and Athena Rock as Dog Climbs.  I discovered these areas while following the pack, Athena, Tracker and Reilly, through the woods.  

Suburban Roadside · · Abovetraffic on Hudson · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 2,419
Albert J Carilli wrote                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      If one tries to drive from Danbury to Terryville in 20 minutes, one should have a good attorney.   CT State Police would frown on this.  Check a map, a reasonable time driving is approximately an hour.   
hAHA!  - yeah don't speed in Ct
a fair warning! don't double dare the state boyz in Ct. The new "Interceptor" cars, that the Police are stalking with, are seriously fast.

SORRY, I WAS SO UNCLEAR,  WHAT i MEANT WAS THAT, IF ONE IS GOING TO RECOMMEND NEW OR RE-FOUND CLIMBING ZONES
 - &   WITH ALL THE DRIVING ONE MIGHT BE DOING TO CLIMB,  WHAT ABOUT ROCKS LIKE THESE

BOULDERS, TO SMALL CLIFFS;

95%within 20min.drive from Danbury Ct,

WHICH HAS AN AMAZING AMOUNT OF ROCK NEAR THE ROAD.

So is this how we are going to put out the word on where the lost rock is to be found?

I 'll ad this short version of my very long song. . . 

There is so much more great rock & stone out here -  that I know I don't what to do with it all ! 

Come and paint your own masterpiece!

now to redouble this post:
What have we here?

The Proud Side
`
Steep'nuff

1) new variation, steep arete, v4,(2)Martin's Last Stand, v5.(3)Wolfpack,v5/6,(4)Two Inch Pinch,v6/7
`

'Also,only a 5 minute drive away, (theres more rock than- just hard)
 this sits on the side of a public golf course, along the dedicated hiking trail
facing the tee, but way out of range

I was glad to get czd's opinion,
but it maybe hard to get a consensus;
 -The "objective hazard"  grade-  goes way up on weekends-
  the golfers were trying to 'ding'  us

CZD crankin' the sit-start
5/5/18

Click on the link, this is all with-in 30 minutes drive of exit 4 Rt84, In Danbury

(95% in south western Ct)
Albert J Carilli · · Terryville, CT · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 25

If one tries to drive from Danbury to Terryville in 20 minutes, one should have a good attorney.   CT State Police would frown on this.  Check a map, a reasonable time driving is approximately an hour.   

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "New Places in Terryville , CT "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started