Mountain Project Logo

ACQUIRED!: Beat up, functional C4's / C3's / Camalots / Aliens + racking biners

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Xander Bremer · · Oakland, CA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 35

Hi everyone -

I'm going to be doing a bit of aiding practice next month, and I am looking to collect some gear specifically for the task.
I want to assemble a basic 2x rack of well-loved BD Camalots/C4's/C3's / Aliens to practice with, primarily in the BD .1-1 range. Nuts too.

**EDIT**

You guys are incredible. Found amazing deals and have a solid double+ setup of glorious aid gear that cost about $25/cam. Huge thanks to everyone that came out of the woodwork to help!

If you have something that you can sell around 50% of MSRP, you'll get my attention.

Thanks!

Eli Grossenbacher · · Bozeman,MT · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 30
  1. https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/114361591/bd-1-2-3-cams-shipped-for-80
Eli Grossenbacher wrote:
  1. https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/114361591/bd-1-2-3-cams-shipped-for-80

Ummm yeah. PM coming. 

I’ve gotten the nuts and big cams I need. Still looking for lotsa finger sized pieces. 

Ben Williams · · Van · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 40

ive got a .5 that 3 out of 4 lobes work... 

Drew Nevius · · Broken Arrow, OK · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 2,546

How much would you pay for u-stem 0.5 and 0.75 BD camalot juniors? I also have a 0.3 sized ABC Basic cam. I had all 3 of them reslung about 5yrs ago at Mtn tools

Lots of help from everyone, incredible!
Updated post.

dholte · · Mountain View, CA · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 491

I've got some old aliens in "aid" condition. $50 for 4. Two are in decent condition, two are more janky (mountaintools wouldn't resling them). I've placed them. PM me for pics. I'm in SF.

Still looking for small Aliens/C3’s and a couple mid-size pieces. And all your beat up, off-colored racking biners. 

Updated list.

falling monkey · · The West · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 30

You may want to consider not wasting your money on this stuff. I use my same rack for free climbing and wall climbing and they are all fine. You'll fuck up a cam aiding the same as you would falling on it in a weird spot free climbing. Its all the same. Use what you have and save money.

flyingmonkey wrote: You may want to consider not wasting your money on this stuff. I use my same rack for free climbing and wall climbing and they are all fine. You'll fuck up a cam aiding the same as you would falling on it in a weird spot free climbing. Its all the same. Use what you have and save money.
Hey FM, thanks! Appreciate the input. I'm two cams away from something like a $300 double rack, so I'm not super concerned about it, and stoked not to be weighting a bunch of totems over and over for aid practice. I don't fall very often free climbing, so I hope my nice cams last a long time. Plus, think of how sticky they'll feel after practicing with a bunch of old garbage? :)

All found, thanks everyone!

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started