Mountain Project Logo

Dmm demon cams

Original Post
Zack s · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Anybody have any of these? Are they worth having as doubles to a set of dragon cams 

Jon Rhoderick · · Redmond, OR · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 966

I haven't had them, but I'd only get ones that are half sizes between dragon sizes like e 1.0 & 2.0. I don't like that they are not fully anodized lobes anymore, and the cam angle is different. I use Metolius cams instead

ebmudder · · Bronx, NY · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 55
Jon Rhoderick wrote:

I haven't had them, but I'd only get ones that are half sizes between dragon sizes like e 1.0 & 2.0. I don't like that they are not fully anodized lobes anymore, and the cam angle is different. I use Metolius cams instead

I second that...I have the new Dragons and love them...I bought some Demons on sale and was disappointed ...they are more floppy than Mastercams in the larger sizes, and their range is much less than twin-axle cams. I have Mastercams (older thumb-loop style) from 00-6 and Dragons from 2-6 and am quite happy.

Noah Yetter · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 105

I have a full set. I really like sizes 2.5 to 4. They feel more stable to me than double-axle cams. The reduced range (compared to double axle) in the small sizes can be annoying.

Noah Yetter · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 105

The Demon appears to be discontinued. DMM's new site doesn't list it, and most retail sites are out of stock or don't list it at all.

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

Looks like it is going to be new old stock left now. I also understood the Demon cams to be sized similarly to the previous generation Wild Country Technical Friends, but I could be wrong without size data to back that up. People that are used to their Technical Friends could probably use the Demons as a replacement. 

Andrew Schrader · · Helena, MT · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 15

Get the dragons they're solid cams.  I like the extendable slings and the grip on the lobes over C4s.

Neil Rankin · · Winston-Salem, NC · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 166

Demon cams and Friends prior to the Helium Friends are/were exactly to spec in terms of range.

Caveman Y · · NO VA · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 871

I’d wait to find some dragons on sale or supplement with metolius, the limited cam range on the demons just didn’t make sense to me when you can get dragons for just a few dollars more. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Trad Climbing
Post a Reply to "Dmm demon cams "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started