Mountain Project Logo

Alpine partner for weekdays

Original Post
Andy W · · Ft Collins · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 41

I'm seeking a new partner for alpine climbing with availability Sun-Wed and preferably northern Front Range based. I have a good group of crag partners but time, skills, goals don't line up. I've logged a few 5.8 alpine routes but relatively am still new to the game. I lead 5.8-9 cleanly on gear and can get up any 10.

I'm looking for someone at least equal in leading and basic alpine, and it is vital our drive and vibe fit. I am all about efficiency which comes from proficiency, so I constantly study, practice, and improve methods. I'm also a vigilant planner and on the ocd side of organization and timeliness. But I like to climb with an easy going positive attitude; leisurely perfection is what I call it. I don't like stressed, spacey, or sloppy partners. 
I'm hoping to develop a long term alpine partnership. Someone with more experience would be great to learn from, but more imperative is a partner who communicates openly and genuinely enjoys discussing how we can improve: from training to belaying to gear and everything in between. Pushing grades isn't important but simply required for exploring more routes; pushing ourselves to be the best team possible, returning home safely, and having fun is all that matters. If this sounds like a possible fit, message me and let's go crag at Lumpy to feel it out. Cheers and happy climbing! 

Mike Kubes · · Fort Collins · Joined May 2014 · Points: 191

Hey Andy, I think that we have a pretty similar approach to climb & our objectives seem pretty in line as well. Im new to Fort Collins & looking to do some longer trad routes this summer. I'd be game for Lumpy or cragin around Fort Collins to see if we'd be a good fit. (952)237-5767

Joven · · Estes Park, CO · Joined May 2016 · Points: 10

I would be up for some Lumpy trad May 22-26th if either of you are available. I no longer live in Estes Park though. 

Michael Butts · · Boulder, Co · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 560

Any interest in the Saber RMNP?

Andy W · · Ft Collins · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 41

bump, still looking. Have Monday and Tuesdays open the next two weeks

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Alpine partner for weekdays"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started