Mountain Project Logo

Tall slab boulders at DL

Original Post
Andy Summers · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 56

I'm looking for recommendations on tall slab boulders (or very short boulder-able routes) at Devil's Lake. I've already got Super Slab and Big Red on the list. Any grade is fine--I can usually send V4 after a few attempts, but I wouldn't mind having some harder stuff for potential projects down the road. Thanks!

Michael Sullivan · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 745
Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

Mammalary Magic is one of the coolest slab climbs I’ve done anywhere.  You’d need a rope for it, but the anchor setup is super easy off a couple of trees.  There’s also a bolt if you’re feeling suicidal enough to lead it.

Ian Cotter-Brown · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 10,146

This is a fun slabby problem that went up recently and there's more good stuff right by it. mountainproject.com/route/1…

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610

In the immortal words of that Czech guy, in that movie, which name I can't remember..."You don't want to die! You want to have fun!"

Andy Summers · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 56

Nice, thanks all! Mammalary Magic looks cool but I'll save that one for when I rope up   And I got Little Flatiron earlier in the year, but that's a great one to revisit.

I've been scouring MP during my free time (or whatever work is called) and here's what I've got in my Todos:

Super Slab V0
Big Red V0
Murder Slab V3
Slab of Doom V4
Fully Aroused V4
To Crimp a Butterfly V0
Fatterpiller V1
Railroad Slab V1
Classic Warmup V1​​​
Charlize Heron V4

Should definitely be able to make a day of it!

e; Oh yeah, and the bottom slab of Green Bulge 5.7 (IIRC, you can exit to one of the sides?).

Tony Brengosz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2007 · Points: 2,386

Trust fund is a great easy slab

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest
Post a Reply to "Tall slab boulders at DL"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started