Mountain Project Logo

Just wondering ...

Original Post
donaldmike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 0

... if I had referred to pawtuckway as “p-way”
in my first post about lodging, would I have gotten a response? Or does this prove my belief that generally speaking, east coast boulderers are assholes? ZING! 

Ian McAfee · · Hooksett, NH · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 80
donaldmike wrote: ... if I had referred to pawtuckway as “p-way”
in my first post about lodging, would I have gotten a response? Or does this prove my belief that generally speaking, east coast boulderers are assholes? ZING! 

You know, a good way to get an answer for your question is to insult the entire community that possibly could help you. My experience bouldering on the east coast has been overwhelmingly positive.

There isn't really a good option for lodging around Pawtuckaway other than the campground which I believe hasn't opened yet. You might just want to check out airbnb or find a hotel/motel in the area.

Manchester certainly has options and is only 30 minutes.
Aunt Patty · · Fryeburg, ME · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 126

I think you're proving your own point...

Suburban Roadside · · Abovetraffic on Hudson · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 2,419
Ian McAfee wrote:

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  My experience bouldering on the east coast has been overwhelmingly positive.

Anything you  see worth climbing?,

DR · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2014 · Points: 973

I think this has more to do with the fact that
A: most new england boulderes are more active on the facebook group than on mountain project.
B: There are not many lodging options to recommend in the first place.
C: I never saw your post how long did it go without a reply?

donaldmike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 0

Ha! Thanks everyone for the replies. I will admit that my comment is based on no history with New England climbers. I assume that y’all have to me more community/open minded than the folks I’ve tried getting beta from for the gunks. I’ve had a horrible go at it even though I am typically respectful and typically boulder solo thus secrets are safe with yours truly. It’s tough being a dad with limited time who prefers to avoid the crowds. I admit having been spoiled living on the front range for so many years and having so many places to myself. Regardless, I’ll be trying to get the hall pass from my wife more this season and look forward to providing you all with a solid spot. Cheers. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Just wondering ..."

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started