Mountain Project Logo

Catalinas North and Northwest side (Oracle and Catalina)

Original Post
Seth Remer · · Marquette, MI · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 36

I'm looking for information on any bouldering or FAs on the north side of the Catalinas (besides Golder Dome.) There's a ton of rock up this way (though much of it isn't the greatest quality) and I just want to know if anybody has developed in this area, or done much climbing at all. I've checked guidebooks, internet, etc. but can't seem to find anything. Anybody know who I could contact?

Manny Rangel · · PAYSON · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 4,789

Lot of great rock in the north side. Getting there is the hard part. Sheep Closures and long walks deter most folks. Good luck and check with EFR or Geir Hundal, among others from your neck of thew woods, for more news.

manuel rangel wrote: Good luck and check with EFR or Geir Hundal, among others from your neck of thew woods, for more news.

Thanks Manuel, I'll message them!

Greg Opland wrote: What about this...

Thanks, Greg. I've definitely checked out all those resources. I'm thinking farther north, towards Catalina and Oracle. Kerry covers a lot of the bigger rock faces but there's some smaller ones, and loads of boulders, that I can't find any information on. I know there were local guys (John Goulder and the other guys who FAed Goulder Dome) climbing up that way in the seventies, and that a lot of bouldering has gone on in Oracle, so I'm wondering if any of that information is still around.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Catalinas North and Northwest side (Oracle and…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started