Mountain Project Logo

In Oahu for 4/26-5/2

Original Post
Michael Dom · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 8,951

I am in Hawaii for a week and was wondering about what the camping was like there prices, location, etc. Also, if you want to go climbing I am free. 

Derek Field · · Nevada · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 5,986

Not a local, so I'm sure you'll get better advice from someone else, but until then I shall offer my two cents. I was in Oahu around this time last year with my fiance. We stayed at Honolulu County campgrounds - there are about a dozen of them spread around the island. Prices were around $10 per night (IIRC) but note that reservations are only by 3- or 5-day weekend blocks (depending on the campground). For one weekend we stayed at Kaiaka Beach Park and it was awesome, tent pitched right on the beach with tons of open space all around, low key and yet pretty close to Haleiwa town. Closest campground to the climbing at Mokule`ia Wall (the two nearer campgrounds were closed when we were there). We had a couple great mornings at Mokule`ia - the climbing is as good as any basalt crag in the mainland U.S., and the local/community vibe is just wonderful. Lots of friendly folks and fun, well-equipped routes to enjoy. Have fun dude!!!

Honolulu County campground website: camping.honolulu.gov/

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Hawaii
Post a Reply to "In Oahu for 4/26-5/2"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started