Mountain Project Logo

Routes on Feathers south side?

Original Post
skye h · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 452

hi, does anyone have a more complete list of routes than what is currently on Mountainproject--for the south side of the Feathers in Vantage? I already checked the book. Mountainproject listed one of the routes twice, and is missing two routes -- one between Updrafts and Me Too, and one in the vicinity of Nightbird and Skiing (I'd have to get back out there to say exactly where it is, but memory says it's between the two or to the right of Skiing).

Jplotz · · Cashmere, WA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 1,315

Anything in the feathers will be between 5.8 and 5.10. If it's slightly overhung then assume it's 5.10+.  That's as hard as it gets there. 

Ben Stabley · · Portland, OR · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 207

Could try this pdf from Dilley. (on my google drive) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_ZoF0hD_ZyOSHNxdTZKa1lZNnc

It's not super complete, but might have what you're looking for.

Khoi · · Vancouver, BC · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 45

Still waiting on the new guidebook that was announced for this fall.....

21 more days left of fall...

Thank you everyone. Both are unlisted routes--not in the book, not on MP, and not on the dilley guide, which is a copy of the book page. Anything LISTED in any of the guides IS between 5.8 and 10, and two are not listed, and the one to the right of Me Too is more difficult. Was kind of hoping one of the new book authors would chime in ... evidently I can keep waiting on that one.

Nick Beltran · · Ballard, WA · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0
skye h wrote:

Thank you everyone. Both are unlisted routes--not in the book, not on MP, and not on the dilley guide, which is a copy of the book page. Anything LISTED in any of the guides IS between 5.8 and 10, and two are not listed, and the one to the right of Me Too is more difficult. Was kind of hoping one of the new book authors would chime in ... evidently I can keep waiting on that one.

Yes! I was at the Feathers Monday and I'm really curious about that route to the right of Me Too. This was my second lead ever outside after Don Coyote. Not sure why I wanted to do it but the overhang near the top interested me. Im guessing 10d/11a? Some of the bolts were loose FYI. Would be really interested in knowing what this route is. 

Nick, yep that’s the one. I did talk with one of my friends last month and he mentioned something about it being an easy 10 but then a hold broke off so now it’s closer to 11? Still no name.

Khoi · · Vancouver, BC · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 45

I hear that the new edition of the guidebook has been pushed back to fall 2018.  I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Alisse Cassell · · Seattle, WA · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 81
mcarizona · · Flag · Joined Feb 2007 · Points: 180

Dood - thanks Ben Stabley!  much updated from my beta!
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Routes on Feathers south side?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started