Mountain Project Logo

Spearfish SD 12 Hour Climbing Competition

Original Post
Travis Bieber · · Fort Collins · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 741

https://www.facebook.com/events/161648374636241/

The local Black Hills State Climbing Club is hosting a 12 endurance climbing competition. FREE for college students and $30 for a team. Come test your grit against Black Hills Limestone.

April 28th Register the morning of 6 a.m. - 6 p.m.

After party to follow the competition at Crow Peak Brewery with Silent Auction during the party

Prize packages provided by Adidas Terrex for winners of each category

Dakota from North Dakota · · Golden, CO · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 2,360

This sounds fun. I can't find much more info anywhere else.  Do y'all have a website or something to preregister? 

We just have our facebook event page (link in original post) and we will use it as platform to distribute registration, scorecards, and event updates as the time comes. The best we can do for pre registration for our first year will be a non-mandatory meeting the day before. If teams are not able to make it to the meeting Friday, we will be registering people the morning of; 5 a.m. to 6 a.m. 

Thanks for the info. If we're traveling is there anyway to guarantee we get a spot? Will you be capping it at a specific number of teams?

No cap, if you show up wanting to compete there will be a spot for you and your teammate 

Lane Mathis · · Denver, CO · Joined May 2017 · Points: 216
Tyler Metheney wrote:

I am interested.  What are the rules? Are there different divisions? Does your team have to have a name? Sorry, I don't do fb anymore if it says on there.

I too stopped using FB. Would it be reasonable to post periodic updates here?

May I suggest a pre-registration on Eventbrite or a similar site? 

I'm interested in things like format, scoring, team sizes, ect. 

Cool thanks for the info. Having spent much time in the 24HHH scene, I too am very interested in the format and scoring details for this. Having that info is good for training and obsessing over strategy ;)

Peter S · · WI (St. Joseph) · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 450

Super excited for this! This sounds awesome! Also have to say though, I don't use FB, can we get more details on here, or have an event page created as suggested before?

Once we finalize the Rule and Registration they will go live online. Not using Facebook. Quick Details 12 hours of non-stop climbing fun! Hosted by the local Black Hills State CRUX Climbing Club. Registration begins at 5 a.m. the day of the event, $30 for a team of 2 people, no price increase, no early bird price. FREE for any and all college student with college ID. Park at the Roughlock Falls Trail lot (44°21'01.9"N 103°55'57.4"W). Shuttles will be provided to bring competitors to and from the parking lot, to the starting area, 1 mile south on bi-way 14A. An after-party will follow the event at Crow Peak brewery with food from Dough Traders Pizza and Bunky's BBQ, drinks by Crow Peak, and a silent auction of world class prizes. Camping at Spearfish City park via Free will donation 3 categories, hardest route, most points, most routes

Bump

Lane Mathis · · Denver, CO · Joined May 2017 · Points: 216

We coming in hot from Denver. 

Lane Mathis wrote: We coming in hot from Denver. 

Spread the word, bring your friends the more the better

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Spearfish SD 12 Hour Climbing Competition"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.