Mountain Project Logo

Climbing Partner: June 30 - July 3rd. Baker/Shuksan or Rainier

Original Post
David Swags · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

Will be flying out from NJ and arrive in Seattle on 6/29. Will have own transportation.

Hiked Whitney in a day Sept 2014. Climbed Rainier via Emmons Glacier with IMG in 2015. Turned around on Shasta solo Sept 2016 due to whiteout conditions . Climbed Hood, Adams, St. Helens, Shasta all solo 1 day climbs over a week in July 2017. 

Looking to do a 1 day ascent of Baker/Shuksan. If Rainier is possible, would like to do the Kautz glacier in 2-2.5 days.

I train in the Catskills of NY year round Workout 4x a week and indoor rock climb 3-4x a week. I would say currently I am a low 5.11 in top rope and a high v4 in bouldering, again only indoors.

Strong work ethic and team player. 

Mitch Murariu · · Wilsonville Oregon · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 55

Hello David

Are you still looking for partner ....? My name is Mircea I go by Mitch. I have climbed over 50 mountains in my life time including solo Shasta on Cashaval Ridge, Rainier, Evans, Grays,Torys, Robson....I,m advance climber easy going. I recently move in Woodland WA with my job and I,m looking for some one to climb Adams, Hood, Baker....you name it. I,m advance skier. I got all the gear ready.

my email: mircea17vra@gmail.com 

Zack Miller · · Bend, OR · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 370

I would be interested in tagging along up Rainier if possible.  Avid hiker/ rock climb in the gym similar to you.  Went solo up shasta and whitney as well. Hiked the pct in 2016. 

Mitch Murariu · · Wilsonville Oregon · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 55

Hello Zack ...Plan for the memorial weekend. Email me at mircea17vra@gmail.com Cheers.

Looks like things didn't work out with Mitch.

Plan is still Baker and Shuksan

Anyone interested

One final bump before the trip.

Will be doing Coleman Deming route 6/30 on Baker.

Plan to camp on Shuksan on 7/1 and climb the morning of the 2nd on the Sulphide Glacier.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest Partners
Post a Reply to "Climbing Partner: June 30 - July 3rd. Baker/Shu…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started