Mountain Project Logo

Stolen Gear

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Selena Sosa · · San Diego · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

In La Jolla, CA my gear was stolen out of my car. An arcteryx purple harness, multiple carabiners, a pair of scarpas and a pair of La Sportivas, and my chalk & gym bag. Keep your gear out of sight in San Diego! They completely broke my window and took it at 6 am. 

Andrew F · · San Diego, CA · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

It sucks that some people think it's OK to take stuff that's not theirs. I'm up in North County but I'll keep my eye out at the gym and on Craigslist

Sorry to hear that 

Ndumont · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 35

Sorry to hear that sucks. A few weeks ago at Santee boulders my old crusty daypack was stolen in front of ampitheater while I was bouldering on the backside. They left my keys but took them off a locking biner which leads me to think it was a climber. 

Steven Pittman · · Puyallup · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 4

Really sorry that happen to you. Can't believe people would do that. What size shoe are you ? I ask because I purchased a couple pairs of shoes for my wife trying to find her a good shoe, needles to say we have extra. Wouldn't mind helping a fellow climber get back on there feet. I also have a few other random things like chalk begs and belay devices. Let me know if you are interested.

I know how this feels all to well as it happened to me several years back. It makes you sick.  I brought my gear into my work so I could go climbing after work needless to say that didn't happen. I had my car broken into and gear along with Nikon camera was gone. I was able to claim it to my homeowners insurance, but in the end that left a blemish on my record and a higher rate.

Sorry for you loss.  I tried to humor myself and think someone needed it more then myself, but in the end it just leaves you feeling concerned, worried, mad frustrated, oh and pissed.

Let me know if I can help in anyway..

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started