Mountain Project Logo

Bremerton - Climbing Gym

Original Post
Mostafa Noori · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 601

I found island rock which is about 45 minutes and Seattle bouldering project which is about an hour.  

Are there any closer climbing gyms to the navy hospital in Bremerton?

Marcelo F · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 0

Try Edgeworks Climbing in Tacoma- should be about a 30-40 minute drive for you, I think.

brian n · · Manchester, WA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 87
Marcelo F wrote:

Try Edgeworks Climbing in Tacoma- should be about a 30-40 minute drive for you, I think.

There will be an extra $5 each time because of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. ..Juss sayin.

brian n wrote:

There will be an extra $5 each time because of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. ..Juss sayin.

Thanks for the heads up! 

I’ll be in Bremerton for three months so maybe I can just do SBP and make a city trip out of it each time. Seems like it will be worth it because I’ll be without a partner and bouldering anyways. 

Well I just noticed I have to go thru Tacoma to get to Seattle and pay the same toll so maybe thats the better option lol. 

brian n · · Manchester, WA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 87

If you are going to be in Bremerton you can go south across the bridge or take the ferry straight to Seattle.  That (the ferry) is $7 "walk on" or $14 for a car each way.  I think your best bet is Island Rock Gym.  I climbed there last summer several times.  Great small gym.  The only complaint I had was there were no lockers. They only had open cubbies.

Jimmy Downhillinthesnow · · Fort Collins, CO / Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 10

There used to be a Vertical World in Bremerton, but sadly not anymore.

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0

Take a bike on the ferry. It costs less and it’s an easy 10-15 minute ride from the ferry to the gym. Probably the flattest ride you will find in Seattle. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Bremerton - Climbing Gym"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started