Mountain Project Logo

June Climbing at hidden valley and Graceland highlands

Original Post
Dave Klar · · youngstown ohio · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 55

Looking to find some people to climb with in June. I like to sport climb and sometimes have fun on boulders. Let’s climb

Brian Payst · · Carrboro,NC · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 10

Elvis had bouldering at the estate? Dang. That guy really had it all. 

Curtis Baird · · Johnson City, TN · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 1,041
Dave Klar wrote:

Looking to find some people to climb with in June. I like to sport climb and sometimes have fun on boulders. Let’s climb

Hey Dave!  Haha it is Grayson.  Too bad I will be back out west in June.  But I know a lot of people you can meet up with.

Matt Clay · · PNW · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 1,032

I've never been to either (Driven past Graceland a few times though), and I'm hoping to get there this summer. What is the weather like in June-July when other south-eastern spots are hot and humid?

Curtis Baird wrote:

Hey Dave!  Haha it is Grayson.  Too bad I will be back out west in June.  But I know a lot of people you can meet up with.

Cool man give them

My contact Curtis 

MClay wrote:

I've never been to either (Driven past Graceland a few times though), and I'm hoping to get there this summer. What is the weather like in June-July when other south-eastern spots are hot and humid?

I never been there but it’s a little cooler sense it’s at a higher elevation not exactly sure about the humidity. But climbers gotta climb

Gumby King · · The Gym · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 52

Most of HV is shaded.  I would expect you would get normal Virginia humidity levels.  I can't speak for GH bouldering (I like ropes).

Brian Payst · · Carrboro,NC · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 10

Both areas are good in the summer. Lots of shade and high enough up to be significantly cooler. You might have to chase the shade a bit at HV. The right-side is more shaded and stays a bit cooler.

Nathan Witt · · Roanoke, Va · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 3,081

I will actually be around the first week and maybe last week of June and am familiar with both areas. Hit me up!

Nathan Witt wrote:

I will actually be around the first week and maybe last week of June and am familiar with both areas. Hit me up!

Cool. I’ll talk with closer to the end end June. June 9 I’m busy

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "June Climbing at hidden valley and Graceland hi…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started