Mountain Project Logo

In Need of Pieces of Rope

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Mac Ferguson · · Florence, KY · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

I've recently been looking into making my dog her own collar and leash made out of old climbing rope! Believe it or not, a lot of people like the idea too. I've met a lot of people who want the same thing. I'm in need of some awesome fellow rock climbers who have pieces of old rope lying around or even a full rope lying around they no longer want. If anyone wants to lend a hand just give me a shout out or a message and I'll be more than happy to meet or give an address for mailing. Please and thank you!

UPDATE: I contacted my local shelter here in Kentucky and they said they would be more than happy to take in donations like that. So I’m actually gonna work on making some collars for the dogs in the shelter. Feel free to share and support. You can contact me at (859) 907-2430. Thanks!

Aidan Raviv · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 95

Are you planning to sew or knot these things? I may have some free rope for you but I'd have to track it down.

Mac Ferguson · · Florence, KY · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

I was actually planning on sewing and then using heat shrink to bind the ends better together.

Aidan Raviv · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 95

Sounds cool. Hopefully whatever you sew on is up to the task.

I'll shoot you a PM if I find that rope.

Corey Duggan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

Hey guys. I've actually done this before. Same way you are going to do it. I recommend using braid fishing line. It will hold up when going through the rope, it's super strong and will hold up if a dog pulls. I used heat shrink wrap.. it works but I ended up using electrical tape on others which worked better and cheaper.

Jaron a · · SLC · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 100

Pm'd

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started