Mountain Project Logo

REI Dividend Day

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

4.20 for me

Fehim Hasecic · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 215

16.14$

Rob D · · Queens, NY · Joined May 2011 · Points: 30

TOTAL 2017 ANNUAL DIVIDEND(available 3/5/18; expires 1/3/20)

$1.24

Dave Bn · · Boise, ID · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 10

Probability density function of MP user dividend amount supports a hypothesis of a high number of MP users being dirtbags, cheap, or liars.

David K · · The Road, Sometimes Chattan… · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 423

It's worth noting that when you have the REI Mastercard and a 20% off coupon, you're getting 24% off (the 5% back from the MasterCard is applied to the 80% remaining after the coupon, not to the original price, so you're only getting 4% of the original price back from the MasterCard). 24% off is more than most sales on some items, i.e. cams.

Ben Pontecorvo · · Eugene, OR · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 155

I got $2.92 

Gabe Cisneros · · Baltimore, md · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 15

$69.87

Buy secondhand!

sambo2591 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 60

111.57$ just got a sleeping bag for 15$ out of pocket.  Not sure how I feel about the amount of money I spend there.  

David Tysinger · · Winston-Salem, NC · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 0
Dave Bn wrote:

Probability density function of MP user dividend amount supports a hypothesis of a high number of MP users being dirtbags, cheap, or liars.

Negative Exponential if you are wondering. And given your tone it certainly fits, negative Nancy.   :)

Zander Laskin · · Boulder · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

I only got about $15 for my REI dividend.  I've got about an extra $100 in my last two paychecks though.  What's everyone going to get with their Tax Cut money?  I'm getting a trad rack.  I figure $100 every other week should have me a double rack by the end of the year.  I don't like him, but I'm willing to let Trump buy me a new trad rack!

Eric L · · Roseville, CA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 145
Vaughn wrote:

Actually you can cash out your dividend later in the year, June or July I think. I always do this instead of spending the money at REI. You don't get dividend on stuff you buy with your dividend so you're better off using the REI card on everything and just cashing out the dividend. Mine was $199, I have the REI card. I buy lots of gifts there since they are so easy to return/exchange.

Cool, didn’t know they paid out the dividend starting in July ($25 or more).  Next tome I have to make a big purchase (at the best price) at REI I’ll think about the card.  Still, my other card pays more everywhere else and credits me every time I earn $25.

Barry M · · WV · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

$6.08........usually much less then that but I burned some Amex gift cards at an REI when I was in the area. 

Matt B · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 472

Anyone know if they are doing the 20% off coupon codes this year?

grog m · · Saltlakecity · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70
Zander Laskin wrote:

I don't like him, but I'm willing to let Trump buy me a new trad rack!

Trump isn't buying anything. That is your hard earned money. 

Lena chita · · OH · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 1,667
Marc801 C wrote:

Huh? Yeah, it may only be 1% - 2% on non-REI purchases, but it's still free money. I put my monthly recurring charges on it - internet, cable, cell - as well as grocery and gas - all things I buy anyway, so why not get some of it back. If you can't pay off the card in full each month, then consider it a reduction in your interest rate (not entirely accurate since the cash back doesn't compound).

Lots of cc's these days have a 1% back deal, and usually cash. So why choose an REI card that gives you the $$ back that you can only use at REI?

My AmEx offers 3% back of groceries, 2% back or restaurants, gas, and travel, and 1% on everything else. As cash back.
My Costco VISA has 4% back on gas, 3% on travel and restaurants, 2% at Costco, and 1% everywhere else. As Costco cash back, but you do don't have to spend all of it at costco. You can walk in with your $200 rewards certificate, buy $20 worth of stuff, and get $180 back as cash.

Obviously I use AmEx at the grocery stores, the VISA at the gas stations and restaurants/travel, and whichever I pull out first at other places. And I charge pretty much everything, and pay in full every month, I like having the convenience of all my monthly spending in an easy-to-export format.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

How does a "post up your REI dividend" request thread turn into an anti-REI thread? It's magic!

La MoMoface · · Arvada, CO · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 60

WTF- I got $60, my hubby and I each looked at each other - "What the hell did we buy at REI this year for $600? We NEVER shop there..." 

This is one of life's greatest mysteries right now. 

Andrew Krajnik · · Plainfield, IL · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 1,739
La MoMoFace wrote:

WTF- I got $60, my hubby and I each looked at each other - "What the hell did we buy at REI this year for $600? We NEVER shop there..." 

This is one of life's greatest mysteries right now. 

Do you have your login and password for REI.com? If so, you can view your account details, and see your purchases from last year. (If you've never registered, but you have your REI member number, you can probably register to retrieve that info.)

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Lena chita wrote:

Lots of cc's these days have a 1% back deal, and usually cash. So why choose an REI card that gives you the $$ back that you can only use at REI?

1. I buy just enough at REI to justify it.

2. You can request your dividend in cash after July 1 - no requirement to use it only at REI.

Nicholas Hernandez · · West Milford, NJ · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 297

only $111.62 this year lol

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "REI Dividend Day"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started