Mountain Project Logo

Best Climber Eats

Ben Helgeson · · Denver · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 0

Eldo: Beers at the Rocky Flats Lounge (5280's "Best Neighborhood
Bar w/out a neighborhood")

South Platte: The Bucksnort Saloon (Antler Ale and a Burger)

Clear Creek or N. Table: The Spot (I'm not as psyched on their new BBQ menu focus)

Boulder Canyon: Mustard's Last Stand (Hot Dogs!)

RMNP: Beers, Sausage, Cheese, and Crackers on the tailgate or in the tent.

Sam Cieply · · Venice, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 25

Echo Cliffs/Malibu Creek: Malibu Seafood

J Tree: Rib Co.

Wheeler Gorge/Sespe/Ojai Area: Ojai Beverage Company

Andrew Steavpack · · Castle Pines, CO · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 105

DDeli Downtown Golden, Colorado great sandwiches after climbing in Clear Creek Canyon probably too many options but it’s fun to spin the wheel for a surprise. Have some funky sandwiches but they’re all good. 

Carly Farr · · Denver, CO · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 25
Andrew Ryder wrote: In Flagstaff it's The Place for your classic egg, hashbrown and grease meal or Macy's for excellent coffee and lighter breakfast fare and pastries. Biff's Bagels is good for when you're running late or need food for all day, decent bagels and great Southwest and garlic & herb cream cheese. Afterwards I like Fratelli's Big H calzone and decent tap selection or Flagbrew for the best burgers in town and microbrewed beer. Or when you're broke, burritos from Los Altenos. In Tucson it's always Rocco's on Broadway for Chicago-style pizza. Nothing like it after a long day.

I have to disagree with you on the burritos in Flag. It's all about the carne asada at Tacos De Los Altos. Amazing, fresh salsa bar too. 

Criollo happy hour is always delicious too.

Also,  Macy's  is a bit overrated and filled with hipsters for my liking. The breakfast place a few doors down by the laundry mat does amazing things with eggs Benedict. Highly recommend! 

Carly Farr · · Denver, CO · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 25

Index: Rico's pizza, the African pizza is amazing. And of course the little convenience store in Index.

Mt Erie: Farmstrong brewing in Mt Vernon has delicious brews and great food trucks. 

Leavenworth: the deli outside of town has $5 sandwich deals  that are great to bring for the day.

Vantage: bring a stove and some ingredients...

yosem1te · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 25

Most of mine have already been said (+1 mobil) but Flapjacks in Lincoln, NH is awesome the morning after Rumney

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Best Climber Eats"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started