Mountain Project Logo

Now the damn gym is going to the dogs!

Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610

It's happening. Forget dogs at the crag, now it's dogs at the gym! Saw one the other night, obviously not a guide dog, probably one of those "emotional support" animals. A business can only ask certain questions, if you know the right answers to those questions you could bring in an elephant.

http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-abcarian-peacock-20180309-story.html

Even the Libs hate it!

https://nyti.ms/2FLQTft

Kiss or kill?

jg fox · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 5
Tradiban wrote:

It's happening. Forget dogs at the crag, now it's dogs at the gym! Saw one the other night, obviously not a guide dog, probably one of those "emotional support" animals. A business can only ask certain questions, if you know the right answers to those questions you could bring in an elephant.

http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-abcarian-peacock-20180309-story.html

Even the Libs hate it!

https://nyti.ms/2FLQTft

Kiss or kill?

1/10

Disappointed.

jg fox wrote:

1/10

Disappointed.

It's a slow news day (shrugs). Read the LAT article, classic.

In 2014, Ventiko was preparing an installation to coincide with Art Basel Miami Beach, an annual international art fair.

Inspired by Umberto Eco's book "On Beauty," she created a lush, living outdoor tableau with flora, fauna, three naked models — including herself — and a sex doll (because one of her sponsors, Real Doll, makes them). As she thought about the art crowds that flock to Miami every year, she decided to garnish her piece with birds.

Canaries, she discovered, were expensive — $40 each. Perusing Craigslist, she discovered an ad for Dexter, and a peahen named Etta. Two peafowl for $200.

"I was like, 'Whaaaat?' That just seemed like a better deal."

I'm in awe of this woman.

Andrew Rice · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 11
JonasMR · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 6

So in this other thread folks are complaining about dogs outside the gym, now I can't bring my dog inside either?

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/114108848/what-annoys-you-about-your-local-gym?page=2#ForumMessage-114109244

Ever since Rex bit that kid and got in all that trouble he's been really needy.  I don't want to leave him at home with all my pot and unlocked guns.  Bringing him to the gym is really for the best for everyone in the end.

I could get behind allowing peacocks in the gym, kinda exotic. Dogs, however are filthy animals.

simplyput . · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 60

Another 'artist' with classic                    Look At Me-itis.

When I lived up in Sacramento, I wasn't thrilled with the dogs people would bring to Pipeworks.  They always were tied up off the mats and looked unhappy while their owners had fun, not to mention the occasional freak out at seeing another dog and not being allowed to play.

Now that I have a dog and am away from my apartment 11 hours a day, I really wish the local gym allowed dogs so I can at least boulder after work.  Until then, I won't go to the gym during the week.

Mark E Dixon · · Possunt, nec posse videntur · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 974
Healyje · · PDX · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 422

As if the bacterial, fungal, and viral load in gyms wasn't bad enough as is...

trailridge · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 20

Hey everybody look at me I started a new thread about dogs and climbing

Mark E Dixon wrote:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article198971069.html

She flushed the hamster?!? She DOES need help.

Dylan B. wrote:

Dude. We used to love having Tony’s dog at Boulders.

Dude. Tony's dog was a total menace. We had to ban her from the gym. Ever hear the story how that dog menstruated all over his roommates house?

Stagg54 Taggart · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 10
jg fox wrote:

When I lived up in Sacramento, I wasn't thrilled with the dogs people would bring to Pipeworks.  They always were tied up off the mats and looked unhappy while their owners had fun, not to mention the occasional freak out at seeing another dog and not being allowed to play.

Now that I have a dog and am away from my apartment 11 hours a day, I really wish the local gym allowed dogs so I can at least boulder after work.  Until then, I won't go to the gym during the week.

Exactly why I don't own a dog... Perhaps people should think about that before they buy the dog... Instead they don't and make the rest of us suffer.

Stagg54 Taggart wrote:

Exactly why I don't own a dog... Perhaps people should think about that before they buy the dog... Instead they don't and make the rest of us suffer.

Yeah I had the same mentality until I got guilted into adopting one, though there are a lot of bad owners.  At least my dog behaved the one (and only) time I brought him to Echo Cliffs.

If you like running but are sluggish in the morning, they make awesome motivators.

Stagg54 Taggart · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 10
jg fox wrote:

Yeah I had the same mentality until I got guilted into adopting one, though there are a lot of bad owners.  At least my dog behaved the one (and only) time I brought him to Echo Cliffs.

If you like running but are sluggish in the morning, they make awesome motivators.

It is kind of sad... There are good dog owners out there, unfortunately they are overshadowed by the idiots...

Deirdre · · Pocatello, ID · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 21

Can I bring my emotional support Komodo dragon? At least then we won't have to deal with annoying kids underfoot.   

Fehim Hasecic · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 215
Mark E Dixon wrote:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article198971069.html

Run free or swim down the toilet...? This is hilarious, SNL should make a skit about it. Thanks for sharing 

Tom Sherman · · Austin, TX · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 433
Stagg54 Taggart wrote:

Maybe if you setup a GoFundMe we could all donate to your atrocious suffering?

Nick Sweeney · · Spokane, WA · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 969

I really hope these types of posts stop.  Pointless threads like this are what has caused Supertopo to become an annoying cesspool of trolling.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started