Mountain Project Logo

RRG 3/8 - 3/10 Snow?

Original Post
Dan Horton · · Santa Cruz, CA · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 15

Hi all, I was planning a trip up to the RRG tomorrow thru Saturday. I just looked at weather again and it said it was snowing today and Saturday. How is the climbing there in this kind of weather? Still worth the trip up?

Many thanks

DrRockso RRG · · Red River Gorge, KY · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 815

I don't know what weather app you're using but with a high of 50 and 10% chance of precipitation on Saturday, it's not going to be snowing. We got snow down here yesterday and this morning but nothing that stuck to the ground. 

Medic741 · · Des Moines, IA (WTF) · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 265

How’s the climbing atm? Thinking of making the drive down 

Russ Keane · · Salt Lake · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 392

I have limited experience at the Red, but in those nooks and crannies of Kentucky river gorges, you get such limited sunshine (if there is any).   Winter climbing requires sun on your body and on the rock face.   Sounds cold and miserable to me.

Matt Fairfield · · Crestwood, KY · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 30

I live at migs and it's currently a matter of what your looking for. Over hanging 11's and ups will assuredly be dry for climbing on no matter the weather. The Bob Marley cave gets sun. Weds and Thurs are looking good

Benjamin Parniuk · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

Miguel's just posted some ugly looking snow shots on their instagram. Apparently no power in some areas...

Tiff Any · · Nashville, TN · Joined Mar 2019 · Points: 0

hello, sorry there is no option to message @dan horton. you popped up on partner finders in nashville. id love to link up if you're still looking for a climbing partner and have weekend availability. i can't DM you?  but if you want to DM me if interested

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "RRG 3/8 - 3/10 Snow?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started