Mountain Project Logo

Partner finder. Specifically what you climb.

Original Post
Dan Knisell · · MA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 6,367

When filling out your personal profile page there's only four options to choose from regarding what you climb: trad, sport, topropes, and gym climbs. This is part of the partner finder option. What about bouldering?  Lots of times I boulder alone because it's possible (obviously I don't need a belay) but I prefer to boulder with a partner, especially on hard sketchy problems where a spotter is necessary. Plus when you pull my profile up it says I like sport and gym climbs but never states that I'm really a boulderer.

JD · · Southern AZ · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 95
boulderer

Is that a word? ;)

OrganicChemistry wrote:

Is that a word? ;)

Yeah yeah. I knew that was coming. Regardless of people's opinions on what climbing really is I still think bouldering should be included.

JD · · Southern AZ · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 95
Dan Knisell wrote:

Yeah yeah. I knew that was coming. Regardless of people's opinions on what climbing really is I still think bouldering should be included.

Agreed

Jon Nelson · · Redmond, WA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 8,191
Dan Knisell wrote:

When filling out your personal profile page there's only four options to choose from regarding what you climb: trad, sport, topropes, and gym climbs. This is part of the partner finder option. What about bouldering?  Lots of times I boulder alone because it's possible (obviously I don't need a belay) but I prefer to boulder with a partner, especially on hard sketchy problems where a spotter is necessary. Plus when you pull my profile up it says I like sport and gym climbs but never states that I'm really a boulderer.

Good suggestion. 

But also note that you can add all the detail you want under "More info".

Jon Nelson wrote:

Good suggestion. 

But also note that you can add all the detail you want under "More info".

Yes that's true but with that argument why have any info available on your page at all then?  Everything could just be placed under "more info". There would be no need for a partner finder option. No need for what you like to climb. No need for ticks. No need for to do lists. No need for what grades you climb. I think you get the point. 

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098

I have add "Boulders" to the list of types.  Thanks!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "Partner finder. Specifically what you climb. "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started