Mountain Project Logo

Denali Team May/June 2018

Original Post
Thaddeus F Baringer · · Boulder, CO · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Hey y'all,

My brother and I will be going up Denali this year on the West Buttress on skis and just had our third teammate drop out due to an injury. Since crevasse rescue in a team of 2 can be a bit dicey we would love to gain at least one additional teammate and are open to forming a larger team as well. If you're interested please let me know so we can go on some training trips together to see if it's a good fit. We live in Boulder but are happy to drive anywhere in Colorado to meet up. Please let me know asap so we can secure a permit as we were holding out on that until the third guy was able to fully commit. 

Cheers,

Thad

Stiles · · the Mountains · Joined May 2003 · Points: 845

Dont delay too long, 60day pre-registration is required. A team can add one member 30days out. 

Jonathan S · · Golden, CO · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 176

Oh man, I'd love to join you, but I can't do it this year. I've been thinking about Denali for several years but haven't gone after it partly because of the daunting task of building a team. Not to hijack the thread, but, for others looking, feel free to send me a PM about forming a team in 2019.

Thaddeus F Baringer · · Boulder, CO · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Thanks for that notice Stiles! We are aware of the 60 day registration but I did not know we could add members, which is why we have been delaying it. 

Doug Harris · · Louisville, CO · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

Yup, you can add one additional member to your registration.  

• An expedition leader is permitted to add one new member to their team at least 30 days prior to the start date of the expedition.

I sent you an e-mail already from 14ers.com since I lurk on that site more often.  We are planning hikes on Sundays, March 11th and 18th (tbd location) if you had interest in joining us.  Give me a call or an e-mail since I don't check this account very often.  

-Doug and Arthur Harris

Louisville, CO

Allen Sanderson · · On the road to perdition · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,203

If you can not find another person I would not worry too much. Just find another party to travel with on the lower part of the glacier. It will not be hard.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Denali Team May/June 2018"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started