Mountain Project Logo

Climbing Indian Creek/Moab 19/2- 2/3

Original Post
Anna von der Marwitz · · Salt Lake City · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 5

Hey Indian Creek/Moab climbers!

A friend and I are heading from Sweden to Utah to experience some desert cracks on the 17th of feb for about 2 weeks. Unfortunately, my friend has now busted her ankel and is unsure how much she will be able to climb, or if she will be able to come at all. She will know more later in the week, but I thought I would reach out to see what options I have. 

I have been trad climbing for about 3 years, sport climbing for a bit longer, and done a fair bit of crack climbing on granite. I have had one desert crack experience which I remember as pretty brutal! So I'm keen to get back on the horse and learn the secret of sandstone. So I'm potentially looking for anyone who will be in the Moab/Creek area willing to take on a desert-noob! I'm looking to do mostly single pitch but have recently been getting psyched about Castleton Tower as well. 

Anyway, let me know if you're intrested! Even if my friend does make it to Utah it could be cool to have someone show us the ropes, even if it's just for a day!     

Cameron Berghout · · Ogden, UT · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 101

Hey Anna,

• I live near SLC and work on the weekends but I'm available Mondays-Thursdays. I've done a fair amount of climbing in Moab and a little bit in the creek. It would be nice to get back down there. I'd be happy to show you around!
Anna von der Marwitz · · Salt Lake City · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 5

Hey Cameron! 

That sounds great! I am still working a couple of things out with my friend but I will definitely let you know in the next couple of days. Thanks! 

Cameron Berghout · · Ogden, UT · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 101

Sounds good! 

George Wilkinson · · Boulder · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0

Hi Anna, 

I'll be in the creek on the 22nd for 4 days and am looking for a partner.

Let me know if you still need someone to climb with on those dates

Mario Quezada · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 35

Are you still around? :) 

Peter nichols · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 95

Hey folks, my wife, kiddo and I will be creeking out from feb 24 to march 5. We are looking for others to share laughs and belays. We're safe and kind. Reach out if you want to meet up. 

Cheers

Peter

alpinerocket Pettijohn · · Salt Lake, Ut · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 60
Peter nichols wrote:

Hey folks, my wife, kiddo and I will be creeking out from feb 24 to march 5. We are looking for others to share laughs and belays. We're safe and kind. Reach out if you want to meet up. 

Cheers

Peter

alpinerocket Pettijohn · · Salt Lake, Ut · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 60

Hello, I may be showing up at IC solo on the 3rd. let's combine racks and climb! 

Cheers, John

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Utah Partners
Post a Reply to "Climbing Indian Creek/Moab 19/2- 2/3 "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started