Mountain Project Logo

climbing partner central italy

Original Post
Nathalie Ann · · ancona, italy · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

i usually go climbing (sport) in central italy and the north when possible. I have all the gear, and can lead 5c. If you;re down to climb, let me know! 

Andie Mitchell · · Denver · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Nathalie! I am in Southern France but I am looking to do some climbing in Italy, if I plan a trip down there, want to climb? I lead around 5c/6a aswell and can follow whatever. Let me know if you're down!

Mary Newton · · Bozeman, Montana (currently… · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

I’m currently living in Southern Switzerland and would definitely be interested in making the trip down! I’m a little out of practice on lead but always down to try some new areas! 

Callum Weeks · · Rome, IT · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 0

Hi Natalie, I live in Geneva and ski and climb around Chaminx and Courmayeur.  I am keen to get out if you are looking for a partner. Cheers, Callum

Marc D · · Varese, IT · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

Anyone still around?  I live in northern Italy near Switzerland. Looking to do some routes on Mt Blanc this summer. 

Callum Weeks · · Rome, IT · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 0

Hi Marc, I am still here.  I live in Geneva.  I am happy to climbing around the Mont Blanc area (Italian or French side) or other areas in northern Italy.  Let me know what you have in mind. Cheers. Callum

T T Niranjan · · Mumbai Suburban · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 1,615

Hi Marc/Callum,

I am putting together a climbing trip to Switzerland from the end of June to mid July (2 weeks) following a work trip in Prato, Italy. I have my regular
climbing partners lined up for most days but I might have a block of 2-3 days to fill.

Long intermediates in Central Switzerland or Bregaglia but I could explore farther, like Dolomites or Chamonix if you have a car or weather warrants it.

I weigh 52 kgs and while many of my partners are almost 80 kgs and I have been a very safe belayer, that's the limit of far I can fight physics and it is not pleasant for me (this doesn't apply if I am leading all pitches and belaying from anchors on a multi-pitches).

If this sounds like your thing, pl message me, and I will keep you in loop as I finalize my dates. If not this time, we can stay connected for a future trip.

Cheers,
T T Niranjan

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "climbing partner central italy"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started