Mountain Project Logo

Looking for a retired rope!!

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Beau Owen · · Williams, AZ · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 5

I want to get a retired rope so I can do ground school with my brother before I take him out for the first time. Doesn’t matter how long. At least 20m would be nice. Thanks for looking! 

Stan McKnight · · AZ · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 261

Are you looking for a free rope or how much are you offering for one? I've got a 30m I'd sell for 20$ plus shipping, still in toproping shape. 

Eric Engberg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 0

What are you going to use when you go out for real?

Would you do 15 plus shipping? I have about $30 to my name. 

stolo · · Lake Norman, NC · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 214

Why not just use your climbing rope to teach him? Won't get messed up or dirty if you practice indoors or find a clean parking lot with a light post as an anchor. My wire rack from Lowes is my go to show people how stuff works tool! 

Also rock face recreational area has bolted rap anchors at about chest height to use for instruction. 

My climbing partner paid for the rope we use and I have most of the gear so I'm just looking for something to keep at my house to show friends and family. 

Brad Johnson · · Charlotte, NC · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0
Beau Owen wrote:

My climbing partner paid for the rope we use and I have most of the gear so I'm just looking for something to keep at my house to show friends and family. 

Just go to the closest gear shop, lowes, walmart, and get any kind of rope.  You can get 100 feet of some POS rope from walmart for like $5. If your just showing knots and technique and not weighting it, it will do fine. 

Stan McKnight · · AZ · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 261

I would do 15 plus shipping but I kind of agree with Brad, if you aren't going to climb with it there are much cheaper options at the hardware store! Plus shipping a rope across the country would probably be expensive 

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started