Mountain Project Logo

driving to tennessee

Original Post
Lisa Haze · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 35

hey all! I'm driving to knoxville and chattatnooga at the end of february. Looking to split gas and tolls and belays once down there. I have interviews and some house hunting stuff i need to do. so it might be best that you line up some other people to climb with.  At this moment i don't know exactly my dates so if you're flexible or just want to share one way that's ok with me.  The latest I'll be driving down is the 19th from NYC. can pick up along the way, i'll be driving through maryland

Fly R · · Upstate, NY · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

How long will you be there for? 

David K · · The Road, Sometimes Chattan… · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 423

FWIW, I was down in Chatt a few weeks back and was there for 3 days after my normal climbing partner left, and I had no problem finding people to climb with. The climbing community down there is very active (at least for trad).

If you can't find someone to climb with one day, Little Rock City has lots of options for solo bouldering, and the High Point Gym has tons of autobelays. It's not worth it to travel for that IMHO but it can be something to fill in a day if you have trouble finding partners.

Fly by wrote:

How long will you be there for? 

It depends on if i can line up some more interviews. As of this moment i'd say 5-6 days. I'm going to go to knoxville, chatty and possibly nashville for a few days. Do you live in the area?

David Kerkeslager wrote:
JCH . · · Nashville · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 210

When you stop through Nashville, stop by Climb Nashville. There is a pretty good concentration of climbers ready to go out at any time. It shouldn't be difficult to find someone here in TN. I am pretty sure that you could do the same thing at High Point climbing gym in Chatt. People around here are usually pretty easy-going, especially the this time of year. 

JCH . wrote:

When you stop through Nashville, stop by Climb Nashville. There is a pretty good concentration of climbers ready to go out at any time. It shouldn't be difficult to find someone here in TN. I am pretty sure that you could do the same thing at High Point climbing gym in Chatt. People around here are usually pretty easy-going, especially the this time of year. 

Hey you live in Nashville. Wanna climb? Haha

JCH . · · Nashville · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 210

Yeah, if I am in town, I am always down to climb. Just PM me. Have a great trip! 

JohnWesely Wesely · · Lander · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 585
David Kerkeslager wrote:

FWIW, I was down in Chatt a few weeks back and was there for 3 days after my normal climbing partner left, and I had no problem finding people to climb with. The climbing community down there is very active (at least for trad).

If you can't find someone to climb with one day, Little Rock City has lots of options for solo bouldering, and the High Point Gym has tons of autobelays. It's not worth it to travel for that IMHO but it can be something to fill in a day if you have trouble finding partners.

The trad craggin in Chattanooga is great, but the bouldering is truly world class and probably the best in the US.

JohnWesely wrote:

The trad craggin in Chattanooga is great, but the bouldering is truly world class and probably the best in the US.

Will def bring my pad. Looks like I picked up a couple interviews in chattanooga. Will be in the area from 19-28 or longer. Are you climbing in the red?

David K · · The Road, Sometimes Chattan… · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 423
JohnWesely wrote:

That may be the case, I'm just not much of a boulderer. :)

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "driving to tennessee"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started