Mountain Project Logo

Customized/filtered “latest posts” page

Original Post
Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

Hey guys,

So one thing that has been brought up recently is the frustration people feel when others post their opinions on a local issue when they have no experience (or stake) in that area.  I’ll admit that I’ve accidentally done this before when an interesting discussion catches my eye in the “latest posts” feed and I don’t notice that it’s from a regional forum.  I’m wondering if this is happening more often, as I’m guessing people from out West aren’t exactly lurking the Midwest forum waiting to comment on the retrobolting of obscure crags.  One solution that I think could help would be to give users the option to select (or deselect) what forums populate the “latest posts” feed.  We can already do this with the “For Sale” forum, so I’m hoping this wouldn’t take much extra work on admin’s end.  This would also help to declutter peoples’ feeds, as it tends to fill up with random partner request threads from the different areas, which probably aren’t relevant to most users that don’t live there.

What do you think?  Would this be possible?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "Customized/filtered “latest posts” page"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started