Mountain Project Logo

Endless Rope Pull Machine

Original Post
Mickey Guziak · · Grand Junction · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 625

Have you always wanted to simulate an infinite length of rope that never becomes easier to pull? 

Introducing the Endless Rope Pull Machine™!

Feel that amazing stress that comes along with a seemingly clean pull turning into your worst nightmare, as the sun sets, wind picks up, and your headlamp lights are slowly dieing.

For an extra fee, you can get the Whip™ addon, which periodically lashes your shoulders, back, and ears to help provide a genuine experience. 

Sample workout:

-Start sideways to simulate endless rope coiling, 10 minutes

-Climb up and down a step-box while scraping along the sandpaper, especially knuckles and knees, 100 reps

-Pull rope, alternating hands, 10 minutes

-During all of this, stay on your tiptoes on the edge of a plate, simulating the micro-belay ledge

Continue for 1-2 days

Erik · · Goose Creek, SC · Joined May 2016 · Points: 115

I'm jealous, my Planet Fitness never had one of these, just a pair of those obnoxious thick ropes that you wave up and down. Although mine had free weights, I guess not a lot of them have those.

Mickey Guziak · · Grand Junction · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 625

If you look on the photo this one does indeed have the thick ropes to flick up and down, simulating the experience of trying to flick a rope out a an impossibly small flake which has the rope completely immobilized. 

Add this to your set, x100 rope flicks

Robert Rowsam · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 230

Bump for underrated post

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Endless Rope Pull Machine"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started