Mountain Project Logo

New to Vegas looking to network/make connections

Original Post
Chad Elliott · · Denver · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 120

Hey MPers,

As the title states, I have just moved out to Vegas from Colorado and am looking for climbing partners and even job leads! 

Like many of us, climbing has influenced many of my life decisions. After spending nearly ten years across Colorado, the rising house prices and thirst for new adventures has brought me to Vegas. Long approaches and big trad lines interest me the most, but I can always enjoy a day of cragging too. You might have to drag me to go bouldering though haha. 

If anyone has job leads please reach out! My work experience mostly involves bartending in event/ stadium settings, ski resorts, and downtown Denver. I'm also interested in breaking into another career through a climbing gym, rope access/rigging, or guiding if possible. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to connecting!

Ashort · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 56

I'm fairly new to vegas and I'm always looking out for new partners. Send me a message if you want to get out sometime. So far I don't have a plan for this weekend, if you are free. 

Ashort, I'd be down one day this weekend possibly. I'll message you shortly

Scotty Guinn · · Longmont, CO · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

Hey Chad (and Ashort),
   I'm around RR for the next month or so and looking to link up with partners (once this rain dries out of course). Not very helpful on the job front, as I too am currently unemployed living out of my van, but I'm definitely up for climbing!

I have a partner for the weekend + monday but am free after that so let me know if you're keen, or have a driveway I can park in haha.

845-664-8012

Best,
  Scott

Thanks for reaching out Scott. Unfortunately, I don't have a driveway for you but hit me up sometime this next week! 

Simon W · · Nowhere Land · Joined May 2013 · Points: 55

I think there is good money to be made washing them hotel windows on the strip, which is somewhat in line with rigging and all that.  Maybe someone on here knows more.  I think more than one local climber has been involved in that, if not had their own company doing it.

As for Vegas itself, and it's people, terrible place, worst climbing town in America, you have made a horrible mistake!

(Vegas cohort, I love you all! :)

Mike T · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 106
Simon W wrote:

I think there is good money to be made washing them hotel windows on the strip, which is somewhat in line with rigging and all that.  Maybe someone on here knows more.  I think more than one local climber has been involved in that, if not had their own company doing it.

As for Vegas itself, and it's people, terrible place, worst climbing town in America, you have made a horrible mistake!

(Vegas cohort, I love you all! :)

There's a job post for this hanging on the bulletin board at Refuge right now. The window cleaning gig. 

Julia W · · Las Vegas · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Hey Chad, I recently moved to Las Vegas from Colorado too (about 6 months ago). If you’re still looking for climbing partners feel free to contact me! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "New to Vegas looking to network/make connections"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.