Mountain Project Logo

El Potrero Chico – Jan. 10 to Feb 15.

Original Post
Yannick Gingras · · On the road, mostly Southwest · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 302

Hi!

I'm a nomad techie and I will be in El Potrero Chico from January 10 to February 15, possibly longer.  

I comfortably lead 5.10d trad and project around 5.12a sport.  I always have a helmet on when climbing or belaying and a prussik below my ATC when rapping.  I am aiming to get stronger this winter, but also to improve my aid game in order to attempt El Capitan next Spring.  My schedule is very flexible and I'm available for both weekdays and weekend adventures.

When not climbing, I love to cook tasty and nutritious vegetarian meals.  After a long day at the crag, I tend to be really technical when describing why I enjoy a refreshing pint of craft beer, which is probably a side effect of being a homebrewer and a certified beer judged.

Hit me up if there is some overlap with your own goals and levels.  Cheers!

James Witowsky · · Bend, OR · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 555

Hi Yannik, my wife and I will overlap with your time down there and we'd love to meet up and climb.   It sounds like we have the same safety habits and we're in the same range for grades. On top of that, we love to eat well and drink great beer.  We've been traveling for the past 1.5mts and will be heading down soon.  We'll be at Homero's in a big black and white converted ambulance -can't miss us.  Come by, say "hi" and we'll have a beer!

James

Malorie Irvin · · Van or SLC · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 5

Hey there! 

I will be there January 24-31 and my climbing partner is no longer able to make it. I'll be traveling solo. Looking for a lead-partner! 

Love good beer & good food! 

Anders Hatlestad · · Bend, Oregon · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 0

Hi Im also looking for partners and will be there Jan 20-Feb 19 and sport at your level and have done no aid climbing besides what I do in rope access work, if you want to hone your skills by teaching another I would really love to learn!! 

Yannick Gingras · · On the road, mostly Southwest · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 302

Hi, Anders,

ping me once you are in town.  I have partners semi-lined up until the end of the month but I don't see anything wrong with climbing as a trio on cragging days and there will be plenty of opportunity for longer climbs together after that.

Do you have any projects there?  I personally try to climbing as many routes by Kurt Smith in the 5.11a–5.12a range as possible.

Michel Bernier · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hi all,

I will be camping at La Posada with my dog starting on Feb 9th. Not sure when we will leave yet, likely after the following weekend.

That first weekend I will be climbing with a friend from Austin but after she leaves that Monday (12th) I would like to connect with others for multi-pitch if possible.

I usually climb between 5.9 and upper 5.10 on sport, and though I do like to challenge myself I'm not interested in trying to follow those hitting hard 11s and 12s.

Still learning trad but eager to practice. I mostly just love to be on the rock! I have plenty of gear.

Hit me up if you want to climb. I have my Mt bike too!

Thanks!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "El Potrero Chico – Jan. 10 to Feb 15."

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started