Mountain Project Logo

Pilot Mtn or Moore's Wall1/18

Original Post
Patrick Manss · · Raleigh, NC · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 15

Thinking about heading over to Pilot or Moore's on Thursday, should be mid 40s and sunny. Good climbing weather for the Southern faces. Was hoping to meet up with someone out there, intermediate climber here, looking to do some easy TR and Sport routes. (or trad if Moore's)

Is it actually in?...It is supposed to warm up pretty well by then.

Sending you a PM. Won't be able to join you this week but we can definitely make something happen this winter.

Will Maness · · Terrebonne, OR · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 115

For what it’s worth, Moore’s will be way too cold for most people on Thursday. Better off with Pilot, or better yet, Sauratown if you haven’t been!

Andy Thorsell · · Marion, NC · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 523
Will Maness wrote:

For what it’s worth, Moore’s will be way too cold for most people on Thursday. Better off with Pilot, or better yet, Sauratown if you haven’t been!

I would recommend Sauratown as well, link to the CCC's website below.  I would caution that if you do decide to go to Sauratown it can be a little hard to figure out which route is which as the guidebook provided by the CCC does not include a lot of pictures, it is mostly just written descriptions.  Sauratown approach is a lot more strenuous than Pilot as well, but also sees significantly less traffic as it is really only visited by climbers whereas Pilot sees a lot of hikers.

https://carolinaclimbers.org/climbing-areas/sauratown.html

Will Maness · · Terrebonne, OR · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 115

Also, I'm always looking for weekday partners, so feel free to drop me a line anytime.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

South Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "Pilot Mtn or Moore's Wall1/18"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.