Mountain Project Logo

For Sale or Trade: La Sportiva Genius (43) and La Sportiva Katana Laces (43.5) + Free Gifts w/ purchase

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Ol Leatherhands · · Olympia, WA · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Both pairs of shoes are similar in size. The Genius shoes, due to the toe shape and material, can be worn more tightly with the same comfort.

They both fit similarly to 43 muiras and 43 scarpa instincts.

Fancy la sportiva genius shoes EU 43. Used once in a gym. $125 shipped with original box and packaging. Includes free gift.

La Sportiva katanas EU 43.5. Seriously freaking awesome shoes. I just haaaate tying and untying them at the gym so I got muiras velcro. Great condition. $85 shipped. Comes with free gift.

WILL TRADE FOR: Scarpa Instinct VS in size 43. Must be in excellent condition.

Ira OMC · · Hardwick, VT · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 273

Hey, what size are the katanas? And how woukd you say the solutions fit compared to the katanas? 

Emmett Lyman · · Stoneham, MA (Boston burbs) · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 480
Ol Leatherhands wrote:

Full double rack from a black Alien micro cam up to BD 4 equivalent. 

So are there two racks like the one in the photo? 

Jef Anstey · · St. John's, NL · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 140
Emmett Lyman wrote:

Yea I was confused about this too

Jack Strifling · · Lexington, KY · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 5

I'll take the Petzl harness.  

Ira O wrote:

Hey, what size are the katanas? And how woukd you say the solutions fit compared to the katanas? 

Oops forgot the size! Sorry. They’re 43.5. They’re both a great fit. I have a medium volume foot... just slightly wide. They’re both snug. The genius (I think you called them solutions) are more snug but the no-edge toe and overall design makes them comfortable enough to be as snug as they are. The katanas are like a hair wider than muiras but get a better fit due to the laces. I actually like katanas far better than I like muiras... again I’m just a lazy climber and want Velcro haha.

they’re both incredible shoes. The katanas are basically a do-it-all shoe. They slot into cracks, hold edges, smear, hook. They have a slightly less sticky rubber than the genius.

the genius shoes are obviously not as well-intended for trad and micro edges or cracks, but they smear and stick extremely well and are designed to send hard sport/boulder routes and they’re basically the most comfortable downturned shoe on planet earth.

neither is better. They’re just slightly different.

Emmett Lyman wrote:

Sold (claimed and awaiting payment)!

No this is a rack with double overlapped sizes from 2mm nuts up to size 2 BD cams, with singles in BD 3 and 4. The tricams double up the sizes and shave a ton of weight. Don’t sass me about it. If you have questions check out the gear stats on camp/Metolius/DMM :p

and thank you for asking!

Ol Leatherhands wrote:

Don’t sass me about it.

Not sass, just clarifying. I use the term differently, and would be surprised if my partner showed up at the base with a double rack from black alien to #4 in this configuration. Glad you found a buyer, seems like the price was right.

Trad Princess · · Not That Into Climbing · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 1,175

Don’t get cute because you don’t know what “doubles” mean to 99.9% of your peers.

Emmett Lyman wrote:

Not sass, just clarifying. I use the term differently, and would be surprised if my partner showed up at the base with a double rack from black alien to #4 in this configuration. Glad you found a buyer, seems like the price was right.

Oh my jovial tone was lost to the dryness of text :p my bad I was just playing.

Ol Leatherhands wrote:

Oh my jovial tone was lost to the dryness of text :p my bad I was just playing.

No worries - to be clear I was just a wee bit hopeful that you were actually selling 2 of those racks for $600, in which case I'd now have more cams than I could ever use. :-)

Nancy Hoang · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0

If your sale doesn’t go through, I’d like the full rack.

Loredana Barbu · · Jackson, WY · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

Will take all the nuts if you haven't sold everything 

Rack and harness = sold

I bought the harness and haven't yet heard anything either.  

Hey ya’ll, sorry for the delay! Busy week starting up this quarter of school.

shipping info should be update via PayPal for Briggs.

jack’s Shipping will be update today.

had another buyer that wanted the harness and paid late, their refund is sent. Thanks!

I received the Petzl harness today, too.  Pretty much brand new as well.  Thanks!

Glad ya’ll are happy. Thanks for the buy.

;)

DaveH · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 0

PM sent on the katanas

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started