Mountain Project Logo

Spain Jan-Feb

Original Post
Riley Nicholson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

Hi all!

Anyone in Spain looking for a climbing partner from 22nd of Jan till the 15th of Feb? Planning on going south to El Chorro but happy to climb anywhere not freezing. Have a rope and draws just need a partner

Cheedem · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 10

Hi there, I am flying to Spain on January 3rd and planning to climb thru mid February. Not sure where exactly I'd be during your timeframe but let's keep in touch. 

Awesome, will do!

Federico Echeverry · · Kansas City, MO · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 92

Hey dude, I’ll be in Córdoba around the second week of February, it’s just a short drive down to el chorro, I don’t know 100% which day of the week but I can totally climb with you that weekend. 

john warburton · · meredith new hampshire · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0
Nick Weicht · · Valdez, AK · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 41,393

I'm traveling solo and also looking for partners in Spain or southern Europe for the next couple months. Abella de la Corca has been home for the last few days and I would highly recommend it if you've got a partner. It's a bit slow and out of the way for the crowds to be acquiring. The hostel is self serve, cheap, and nestled in the middle of a dozen craggs with about 300 routes within 2 kilometers of the Refugio. I'll probably head out soon and would be willing to meet up wherever there's good weather good rock climbing partners.

Looks like I am going to El chorro first starting January 4th...will be there  for a couple of weeks (or more depending on how it all goes)...then likely head to chullia and then to siuarana, but pretty flexible...will be climbing thru mid February or so... I'll be in need of partners throughout my trip, so hit me up if/when you need partners...

Yeah I'll be at the Olive Branch el chorro from the 22nd till the 15th February. From what Ive gathered will be no shortage of climbers around

Samuel Stanley · · Asheville, NC · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

Hey all!,

I will be in Spain for the entire month of January. A partner and me will be climbing together until roughly the 14th at which point I will be looking for another partner(s) as well. Happy Holidays!

Josh Cook · · CO · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 3,339

I’m in Margalef from Dec. 27th until Jan. 5th and will be looking for partners. 

I'll be headed towards el chorro in the next few days and holding up there for a week or so if anyone's going to be in the area. Traveling solo and looking for routes in the 7A range. The longer the climb the better :-)

Andie Mitchell · · Denver · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hi all! I am in Southern France and would love to come down to Spain for some climbing. I have most weekends free so let me know if there's a weekend in particular you want to do anything in the Northern part of Spain

Nick Weicht wrote:

I'll be headed towards el chorro in the next few days and holding up there for a week or so if anyone's going to be in the area. Traveling solo and looking for routes in the 7A range. The longer the climb the better :-)

Nick, I just arrived el chorro and will be here for a couple of weeks. I will be at finca la campana. Send me a message when you get here.

I've got hung up at the orange house for at least a few more days. Climbing over here is awesome. Then heading to El Chorro

Been super sick since I arrived, pretty much laying in bed doing nothing. Only got to get out today for the first time since I arrived and took it super easy. I am still in finca but moving to olive branch on the 17th...

I also should be added to the olive branch on Sunday

Isaac Manobla · · South Fork, CO · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

Biking from Malaga to the olive branch tm (Jan 16) with shoes and a harness. Hope to meet some of you cool climbers in el chorro! Cheers

Samuel Stanley · · Asheville, NC · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

Hey all!, 

I'm in Chulilla now having just parted ways with my travel partner. Anyone in or around the area looking for a partner shoot me a line. Would be very interested in heading north to Siurana or Margalef as well.

Arrived at the Olive Branch a day or two ago. While in Seurana be sure to check out the 7a's around the right side of el patty and the routes the tower. ( everything in Spanish is probably misspelled )

No partner set up for tomorrow yet, still playing dice in the dining room meow 10 p.m. I'm in the uphill tent closest to the front door of the kitchen. Feel free to knock or look for the long white haired hippie at breakfast.

Rachel Rubin · · Golden, CO · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

Any of you all still around? I'm in Andalucia for the next two months and looking for partners! Closest area for me is Tarifa (San Bartolo) but can also get to El Chorro.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Spain Jan-Feb"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started