Mountain Project Logo

Post unpopular opinions here

Original Post
Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610

Inspired by a tactic I used that actually worked.

Don't like the trolls? Here's an idea, don't respond. I think that idea is well known but rarely practiced so here's a thread where all of you who just can't help yourselves can practice some self control.

Here's the deal. I post outrageous opinions and you simply don't engage in the debate. Other trolls are encouraged to chime in with their own trolling. Extra points if you can troll me into a debate.

One rule, it has to be climbing related.

Ok, I go first, this one is easy.

Climbing in Yose sucks because it's overrun by noobs and is a total shit show. "That place is too popular, nobody climbs there anymore".

amarius · · Nowhere, OK · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 20
Tradiban wrote:

"That forum is too popular, nobody posts there anymore".

Fixed it for you.

Matt Robinson · · Saint Petersburg, FL · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 15

Never ever lower through rap rings

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

Tradiban is a troll and gets pleasure out of riling people up. Not a nice quality.

Oh, wait, that's a popular opinion.

trailridge · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 20

I hope this turns into a NSFW padded room.  Everyone could use some more nudity 

Creed Archibald · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 1,016

The only reason anyone trad climbs is because they are too weak to actually do cool moves. 

M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911

Bouldering is not real climbing.

Allen Sanderson · · On the road to perdition · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,203
T Roper wrote:

Bouldering is not real climbing.

Sport climbing is neither ...

EJoe · · Mammoth Lakes, CA · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 90

Yosemite climbing is overrated.  Flame away.

Sean Peter · · IL · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 105

All THREE existing aruguments about the PAS thong are completely pathetic. 

1- It’s NEVER gonna catch on anything if you fall!1!1!!  Does your belay loop or leg loops catch on chicken heads often!?

2- Its not uncomfortably giving you a wedgie. If it is.... it’s adjustable!!!.... go two loops looser. 

3– it looks totally lame and noobish?....  Are you seriously makeing your climbing gear choices based on visual aesthetics!?!? HOW NOOBISH CAN YOU GET!?!? How’s those Oxygyms workin out for ya?

(lotsofcapsandexclamationsandonemisspelledwordusedtoencitemoretrollsandIdontreallywearapassatall)

Sean Peter · · IL · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 105
Tradiban wrote:Climbing in Yose sucks because it's overrun by noobs and is a total shit show. "That place is too popular, nobody climbs there anymore".

Only a noob would say that. Get off the beaten path and off all your coddled “classics” and there’s tons of solitude AND awesome lines. 

CrimpDaddy WesP · · Chattanooga!! · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 3,205

Only old people climb trad. Only college kids boulder. 

highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion · · Colorado · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 35

I don't see how anything you can fit your hand into can possibly be harder than 5.9

trailridge · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 20

TBlom · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2004 · Points: 360
Kevin Mcbride · · Canmore AB · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 505

Ice climbing is better than rock climbing 

Colonel Mustard · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Sep 2005 · Points: 1,241

Sometimes when I read another Tradiban cry for attention I miss the good old days of Trollanor, RN and Killis.

Lauren Fallsoffrocks · · A beach with climbing · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 260

Europe is better. They believe in installing clip and lower hardware so you don't untie to clean. Ever. And you can still rent a hotel room for $30 a night. Screw sleeping on the ground. And they don't care if you die deep water soloing. They aren't in a hurry to make every dangerous thing illegal. If you sue someone over there you're going to lose anyway. 

Lower through the rings. They can get sawn off and replaced with chain. I think it's easier and cleaner to clean sport anchors equipped with chain. Rap stations with single rings belong on multipitch anyway. Leave the dogs at home. 

The city of Denver should never have sold Winter Park to the Man. Remember when you could park close to Zephyr? Remember when a lift ticket was less than $98? Not everything has to be just like Breck or Keystone so we can work our tails off and pay more coin to have fun. 

Greg D · · Here · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 883

My opinion is right.  If you agree with me, you are right, too.  If you disagree with me, you should be deleted. 

Oh wait, that's actually popular.  Never mind!   

Andrew Rose · · North Hudson, WI · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0
Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

I fucking love closely bolted, juggy sport routes.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Post unpopular opinions here"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started