Mountain Project Logo

Finger Filet (WARNING: Graphic Content)

Original Post
Mr. Hopes4Beard · · California · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

What's up everyone! New to the forums here!

Figured I'd kick it off with a bang haha...
Has anyone ever dealt with a cut so deep before? Holy s***!

This guy was giving a burn on a boulder in Bishop and dry-fired off a credit card blade and that was it...

I might give up crimping after this nightmare.

Alexander Blum · · Livermore, CA · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 143

That is terriying. I hope it heals quickly and completely. You should take up trad climbing, much safer. Nothing harder than 5.8, and no day flashes.

Logan Anderson · · Central ND · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 155

I went to the bone on my thumb as a kid with a knife. Got it sewed up at the doctor’s and it was good to go in 2 weeks. The fun part was watching the novacain hit the was from shooting out the cut as they injected it, the not so fun part was the stiches following 95% of the novacain not being where it was needed.

Alex Jacques · · Idyllwild, CA · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 275
Logan Anderson wrote:

I went to the bone on my thumb as a kid with a knife. Got it sewed up at the doctor’s and it was good to go in 2 weeks. The fun part was watching the novacain hit the was from shooting out the cut as they injected it, the not so fun part was the stiches following 95% of the novacain not being where it was needed.

Ouch... They should have done a digital block with bupivicaine, then the whole digit is anesthetized and we can repair it without you feeling a thing (I'm an ER doc). For kids we actually sedate them now for stuff like this. 

Zane Winter · · Kansas City, MO · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 922
Alex Jacques wrote:

Ouch... They should have done a digital block with bupivicaine, then the whole digit is anesthetized and we can repair it without you feeling a thing (I'm an ER doc). For kids we actually sedate them now for stuff like this. 

I'm always a fan of sedating children. 

Big B · · Reno, NV · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 1
Zane Winter wrote:

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374

I'm surprised no one has brought up "Fingers in a light socket" yet. Greg has ya beat.

Best, OLH

Zane Winter · · Kansas City, MO · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 922
Old lady H wrote:

I'm surprised no one has brought up "Fingers in a light socket" yet. Greg has ya beat.

Best, OLH

I think I'm going to self-flagellate to punish myself for missing the opportunity.

Alex Jacques · · Idyllwild, CA · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 275
Zane Winter wrote:

Haha oh man I wish I had some intranasal versed in my back pocket.... that's funny.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Injuries and Accidents
Post a Reply to "Finger Filet (WARNING: Graphic Content)"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started