Mountain Project Logo

Looking for regular ice and alpine partners

Original Post
Graham Johnson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 0

Hi 

I'm new to Colorado, keen to get out just about every weekend.  Lead 5+/6 on a good day, keen to get on some Colorado classics this winter - Ice Hose, Octopussy, The Fang, Rigid Designator, Bird Brain Boulevard...Have car, gear out my ears and am keen.  Been climbing about 15 years, just spent my early ice season in Canmore, now keen for some colorado ice. Anybody want to go ice/mixed climbing this weekend? Or any other weekend?  Looking to swap leads with someone equally experienced, not be a rope gun. 

Graham Johnson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 0

I'll take irregular partners too - I just want to go climbing

Yura Porotnikov · · Denver, CO · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 17

hi Graham, i am looking for one for this season. I am very new to this game, only went couple times. I have boots/crampons, 60m dry twin/half ropes and a ton of psych. I've been rock climbing for 11 years, trad leading for 5. I would prefer to do single pitch first but look forward to get on multi-pitch at some point. i live in Boulder. let me know if you are interested in climbing.

S E · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 878

Hi Graham, 

I am looking to get out a lot this winter. This is my first season ice climbing. I spent the last month in Hyalite learning the basics from some friends. I have personal gear, half ropes, and 6 screws. I am not that comfortable leading yet but I'm down to follow anything and lead some easier stuff (WI3 or less).  I live in Denver right now but will be spending a lot of time in the San Juans. My only days with commitments are Monday and Wednesday so I am free to get out a lot and I am psyched. Let me know if you want to get out!

Chad German · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 0

I'm also for adding to regular partners.  Contact if wanting to get out.  I have several alpine experiences climbing, improving moderate ice climber, and am reliable once plans are made.  Contact as this sounds good to you.

Nick MB · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 41

Throwing in for regular partners as well. I work as a substitute teacher, so with a few days notice am able to get out most any day of the week. I have a decent bit of milage in the alpine on rock and work in the industry in the summer, so I'm focused on safety and risk-management but also have a ton of stoke. This is my second season ice climbing, with a few seasons of backcountry touring behind me too.

Psyched for TR or alpine adventures, mixed or ice; not leading hard at the moment, but willing to follow most routes. Busy through next weekend, but after that, let's get after it.

PM or text -> five oh five for zero one four oh sevn three.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Looking for regular ice and alpine partners"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started