Mountain Project Logo

Southern India around December 20th

Original Post
Ben Fisch · · Stanford, CA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hey, I'll be in Bangalore mid December, and I'd be very happy to find an adventure partner to climb with around the 20th - 24th.  Apparently there is some interesting climbing in the area around Madhugiri, but I'd also be open to traveling somewhere else within southern India. Another place I've read about is Pythal Mala in Kerala. I climb trad 5.10+ in California/Nevada/Utah, and I'd be open to climbing either trad/sport. Hit me up!

-Ben

Sarah Belzile · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 0

Hi Ben! Curious to see how this post goes as I was about to post that I will be in southern india and looking for partner(s) January 28-Feb 1. Would love to know what you think of the climbing there. I am considering only bringing shoes and a chalk bag... don't really want to haul a rope and other gear as I will be India for two months mostly doing yoga. Would love to keep in touch with you and benefit from whatever you learn about climbing there! Good luck!

Ben Fisch · · Stanford, CA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hi Sarah! I'll definitely let you know how it goes. I don't have concrete climbing plans set up yet but I got connected to the climbing community in Bangalore. They have a Facebook page and active WhatsApp group for coordinating climbing plans. 

Tantiana Peterson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

Hey Ben! 

I will be arriving in Kochi Dec 26th and heading North to Bangalore area to climb. I only brought sport gear to keep it light but am open to trad. I will be continuing north from there. Let me know your plans! 

tantianapeterson@gmail.com

Cheers!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Southern India around December 20th"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started