Mountain Project Logo

Who pooped on my thumb?

Original Post
sean o · · Northern, NM · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 48

Climbing the NW ridge of the Thumb on 12/3, we found a fresh turd under a couple of rocks at one of the belays.  Yuck, and WTF?!  Who was it?  Did they sign the register afterwards?

Mark Dalen · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 1,002

Looks like there were a couple full moons on the Thumb that night ... & two asses ...

Suburban Roadside · · Abovetraffic on Hudson · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 2,419

SHjT HAPPENS

Wylie · · Bishop, CA · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 46

Good luck Shitlock Holmes.  

Frank Stein · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 205

Christ, not again. I've been seeing a lot of this shit around New Mexico lately. I've been climbing in NM for around 25 years, and it seems like all the bottom mushrooms started to blossom around route bases over the last 3 years. Did all the New Mexicans suddenly forget how to take a crap?

This one mostly just left me scratching my head.  If you're climbing the Thumb at night, and can't hold it in, you can easily throw it off the south side with very little chance of it hitting someone or being found.  What do you hope to accomplish by putting a couple rocks on top of a fresh pile at a belay on a narrow ridge?  I guess it's slightly less bad than leaving it in a plastic bag, but still...

Dead Head · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 65

I pooped on your thumb

Joe Lindberg wrote:

I pooped on your thumb

If so, please fix.  I don't poop on your Flatirons when I visit the Front Range, despite the dozens of bags of dog doo lining the trails.

sean o wrote:

If so, please fix.  I don't poop on your Flatirons when I visit the Front Range, despite the dozens of bags of dog doo lining the trails.

It was a joke due to the humorous title of the thread.  I have never been climbing in NM

Sorry for being humorless in my reply.  You should come down sometime -- there's some nice climbing, and much better chile.

sean o wrote:

Sorry for being humorless in my reply.  You should come down sometime -- there's some nice climbing, and much better chile.

Don't worry about it.  We have some pretty kickin' Mexican food here too.  More traditional mexican than New Mexican though.

Joe Lindberg wrote:

More traditional mexican than New Mexican though.

I'm wandering into probably-boring-history-town, but... We called it "Spanish food" back in the day, though I call it "Mexican" now, and it has little to do with current food in either Spain or Mexico.  But New Mexico used to be a backwater of New Spain (some good reading, some more), and that history still lingers.

Left it, sadly -- I was showing out-of-towners the local scrambles, and didn't want to risk tossing it on someone's head in the middle of the day.  You do what you can, and apologize for what you can't.

Mark Dalen · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 1,002

Is it just coincidence the discussion has devolved to poop AND Mexican food ... ?

Any more good/bad stories out there ... ?

The worst poop I had to deal with was a five foot long smear on the 5th pitch of the DNB back in 1976 ... there was no way around it, you just kind of had to tiptoe through holding your nose ...

Alexandra 000 · · 77433 · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 15

This made my day. 

Alexandra00000 Price wrote:

This made my day. 

Which part?

Live Perched · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 21

I also adopted five foot s**t streak after stepping in a turd buried in pine needles on the belay ledge of Four Course Meal in Cochise the day after reading this thread.  A better name might be Three Courses with a turd break before dessert. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Who pooped on my thumb?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started