Mountain Project Logo

Learning to Trad, looking for experienced climbing partner, Hillsboro OR

Original Post
Sarah Crockett · · Forest Grove, OR · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hey! I’m in the Hillsboro area and I’ve recently been learning about the trad life, but my trad buddy is off in Colorado. Anyone care to partner up and help me gain some experience? Also available if you want to get some sport in. Message me here if you’re interested!

Xavier Grove · · Menifee ca · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hey there! I am currently living in Portland and also looking for a climbing partner! I am relatively new to outdoor climbing but have lead multiple trad routes including multi pitch climbs. I have a lightweight trad rack. Do you have any gear? I haven't climbed in Oregon yet but the weather has been pretty shitty so far haha. Would love to hear back from you. Thanks! You can also text if you like. (951)723-7545

S Saunders · · Oakdale, CA · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 45

Hey Sarah - Bit of an old school tradster here.

Been climbing trad 20+ years. Super safe, lots of practical experience, and a sick rack accumulated over the years.

I moved here 3 years ago from SoCal, where I climbed a lot in Joshua Tree and Idyllwild. Favorite style is crack climbing, and love multipitch.

I live in Salem and go to Smith or Trout 1 day almost every single weekend. Portlanders tend to balk at the 2.5 hour drive for a day trip...doesn't bother me in the least.

Im super committed to climbing, and would love to find a regular partner.

Hit me up if this sounds good.

503-930-9631

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest Partners
Post a Reply to "Learning to Trad, looking for experienced climb…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started