Mountain Project Logo

Philippines DWS

Original Post
Dan CO · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 60

This may be a stretch to find some advice... but I am traveling to the Philippines in a week and will be in the area of Coron Island. Kayangan Lake and Barracuda lake look like great spots for bouldering/DWS (as well as sangat island where we will be staying) Does anybody know anything about these areas? Or have any idea if climbing on this cliffs is allowed? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (and if you've never seen the area, its worth looking up, pretty spectacular)

Danny Paradorn · · Taichung, TW · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 25

Hi, I know this post was a while back. If you happen to see this, I'm also headed to Coron next week. Was wondering if it's worth packing my shoes.

Anthony Andrade · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Trying to find a climbing guide in Coron Palawan. Any info on climbing in that area would be greatly appreciated.

Paul S · · Fruita, CO · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 820

A number of years ago I did some climbing around Coron.  It was pretty easy and cheap to hire someone with a boat to take us to different cliffs to DWS off of.  There’s stuff to do, but most of it was incredibly sharp.  Overall not a destination to climb unfortunately.

Danny Paradorn · · Taichung, TW · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 25

Agree, the rock is razor sharp. Tried to climb, but too dangerous. Also, at the tourist places, like the Twin Lagoons or Kayangan Lake, the guides yell at you to get down off the rock. Apparrently, El Nido is the place to climb in Palawan.

Ellyne Jan Wills · · Loma Linda · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 0

Travelling to coron later this year. Was wondering where in Coron you were able to DWS. And if there’s been any improvement and new routes anywhere on the island

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Philippines DWS"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started