Mountain Project Logo

SOLD

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Caleb Mallory · · AMGA Certified Rock Guide; PNW · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 425

Hey all, 

For sale is a brand new (never racked, never placed) set of Metolius UL Powercams sizes 4-8. 

Asking price for each cam:  $40 (not including shipping charges) $50 for local pick up (Western North Carolina) 

If bought as a set, the price is $220 total which also includes 3 brand new metolius quickdraws and 2 longer dog bones ($65 of gear for free!) & $10 towards shipping charges. 

The market price for all this gear is around $365, so note that you're getting a good if not great deal on some new shiny gear! 

The Full Set: $225 

Never Racked, Never Placed

Quality of slings

Lobes are in perfect condition 

The Black Friday Deals continue! Thanks for looking & Happy buying... 

Caleb Mallory · · AMGA Certified Rock Guide; PNW · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 425

BUMP

PRICE LOWERED

Craig Setzer · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Looks like a sweet deal! If only I had the funds right now lol. Let me know if the local pick up price drops

BUMP

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 3,492
Briggs Lazalde wrote:

I know this is a sales thread and not a gear discussions thread but can anyone tell me why anyone would want cams w 2 stems versus 1?? These just look way overdone and bulky vs camalots dragons and friends... If there's a convincing reason I could buy them now so gimme something to go off of.

Not a U-frame benefit per se, but in these sizes the Met. cams are significantly narrower heads than the corresponding BD C4s (0.5 and up). The width of the latter makes for placements that feel good and that one of the reasons we love them so, but I've come across round-ish pockets where only the #6 Powercam could go.

Bryan K · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 525

Also, all 5 of those metolius cams come in weighing at 540 grams versus the 4 bd cams that cover the equivalent range (0.75 - 3) weigh 600 grams.  You get more cams for less weight, but the trade-off is less range per unit, because they are single axle. 

As for the u-stem, it bends well horizontally but not vertically, but you should always be placing them in the direction of load, so that really doesn't make an issue.  A plus for the u-stem is you can pull the trigger bar with a nut tool if it's in a deep placement you can't reach.

Michael R · · Cincinnati, OHIO · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

PM sent!

Sale Pending

SOLD

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started