Mountain Project Logo

Anyone live in Clear Creek County? Van life address woes!

Original Post
Beau Lanier · · Denver, Colorado · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 105

Nevermind 

Jim T · · Colorado · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 469

How about getting a P.O. boxin Gtown?  You only need to rent it for long enough to send one letter.  Would that work?

Why not register in Denver County?

F r i t z · · North Mitten · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 995

They probably need a physical address to determine tax rates. We saved three hundred bucks when registering our Promaster by providing a friend's address outside of Durango instead of using another friend in city limits.

Jim T · · Colorado · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 469

Ahh that makes sense.  Probably answers my second question also (cheaper registration tax in Clear Creek County?)

Peter Rakowitz · · Portland, OR · Joined May 2010 · Points: 440

He's probably an undercover DMV agent out to bust someone, be careful everybody.

Beau Lanier · · Denver, Colorado · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 105

Hey GSPUP, news flash:

I live in Clear Creek County on national forest land much of the time.  I'm trying to register my vehicle in the county I reside.  How is that scheming?

before the 2017 law, they registered me just fine.  Now the law requires proof of a permanent address, thereby making "homelessness" illegal.  I have a home, my van, but that's how they are classifying me.  That's DISCRIMINATORY.

nevermind.  I didnt post for advice, I asked a simple request.  If no one wants to oblige, that's fair.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Anyone live in Clear Creek County? Van life ad…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started