Mountain Project Logo

Tear in Floor of Mountain Hardwear EV2 Tent--Repair?

Original Post
Gary Ballentine · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

I recently picked up a Mountain Hardwear EV2 tent (my first mountaineering tent) on fleabay and noticed a sizeable tear in the floor about the size of a nickel or a quarter. It looks like someone put superglue on it at some point and the glue ran but didn't close the tear. Is this something I should throw tape over and not worry about, or is it something that might cause problems? I don't want to nitpick, but I don't want to any leaks either, and the tent was described as being in good condition with "no tears." Also the tip of a pole section is a bit bent, I have no idea if this is something that will be a problem when the wind picks up or if it's nothing to worry about. So, is any of this a big deal?

Chris C · · Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 407

Dude, if it was described as “no tears”, you gotta return that thing. 

Clint Helander · · Anchorage, AK · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 612

You could probably return it since the item was not as described, but if you got a good deal on that tent, you can easily repair that little tear with some seam grip and K-tape. 

Cut K-tape in a circle, put seam grip on the circle and cover the hole on the top and bottom. I have never had a tear be an issue after it was properly repaired.

Danny M · · CO · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 125
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Mountaineering
Post a Reply to "Tear in Floor of Mountain Hardwear EV2 Tent--Re…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started