Mountain Project Logo

VA/DC climbing partner wanted

Original Post
kyong choe · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0

hi there, i am an out-of-towner in NoVa from 15 november - 3 december and would like to climb outdoors in the area. i am an experienced trad and sport climber, lead easy trad and moderate sport, and will only have my harness, shoes and helmet. i am not familiar with the climbing areas in va/dc and would love a local climber to show me around. i am very flexible, can climb weekdays and wkends, though for just day trips, and have a car.

Colson C · · Washington,DC · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

interest level in a trip to Elizabeth furnace Saturday or Sunday if weather holds off? Dc local have rack/rope/clips and a car https://www.mountainproject.com/area/106067125/elizabeth-furnace

Alex R · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 80

Any interest in Seneca this Friday? 

thanks for your responses: i just got into town last night from sydney, australia, and just getting this. colson, i could def be interested since i'm looking to do day trips and interested in getting to know some local crags. lex, i can't go that far this wkend, though i def have to check it out. have fun!

Andrew G · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 404

If you're available on Friday (11/17), I'm looking for a partner to rope up with. I'm in the DC area, and I'd be stoked to head out to Seneca or Franklin Gorge. If that's too far for a day trip for you, I'd be willing to go someplace closer like Old Rag or Harper's Ferry.

andrew, i can't go on friday but what about saturday for old rag or harper's ferry? or some time next week before thanksgiving if you are available on the weekday or weekend after thanksgiving? maybe contact lex from above for friday since he asks anout it. cheers!

Colson C · · Washington,DC · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Kyong let me know if youre still looking for something to climb saturday 214-773-8698 

colson, i've planned something else now, sorry.

colson, i'd be interested in going out weekend after thanksgiving if you are in town. i'm intrigued by the places that you mentioned and i am interested in getting to know the local crags while i'm here. email me if you can go!

Alex R · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 80

Anybody want to go to New this Friday and Saturday? Looking to get up early, don’t mind shade or a hike to avoid crowds. Can onsight sport pretty consistently up to 10b, trad 5.8-9. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

South Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "VA/DC climbing partner wanted "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started