Mountain Project Logo

Training schedules

Original Post
Kees van der Heiden · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 40

I've got the urge to do a bit more systematic training, not just climbing whilly nilly when I feel like, but somewhat more structured. But I know nothing about training.

What book would be a good starter, and does it have some easy to follow schedules for a rooky like me? (climbing 6b-6c in the gym, 6a outside, wanting to improve).

Jerimiah We · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Checkout r/climbharder on reddit. Lots of good info there 

Josh M · · Cleveland, Ohio · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Pick up a copy of The Rock Climbers Training Manual. It’ll explain everything you need to know! 

Kees van der Heiden · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 40

The book has been ordered.

i wanted to start with a book because i usually have no idea what they are talking about on trainings forums.

Jack Sparrow · · denver, co · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 1,560

You should also check out logical progression by Steve bechtel. It's much simpler and easier to understand the basic concepts of training. Also a bit more flexible with the workouts, which I like. Rock climbers training Manuel was a little to rigid with how structured the training is. I bought both books and couldn't stick with the training Manuel. But logical progression was much better for me. Good luck

Todd Bruns · · Golden , Colorado · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Check out trainingbeta.com   Lays out earthing for you and give instruction on how to do everything. 

Jon Frisby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 290

RCTM is a fairly restrictive (not much wiggle room in scheduling) program that I don't think is ideal for beginners. The macro level info you will glean from the book may help form a training program. I'd also check out Horst as he tends to be a bit more encyclopedic in his approach

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Training Forum
Post a Reply to "Training schedules"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started