Mountain Project Logo

Climbing in Red River Gorge at thanksgiving

Original Post
Micha Huber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

Hey,

I'm a German climber who stay in Michigan for studying. My question is now if there is good conditions for climbing at thanksgiving in the gorge, and if there are many people/ easy to find a climbing partner.

If someone is interested let me know, leading around 5.12-5.13.

Tylerpratt · · Litchfield, Connecticut · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 40

You can definitely climb there around this time. You will want to chase the sun!

M Sprague · · New England · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 5,090

And there will be plenty of people!

What's the common way to sleep at this time? Is there a possibility for stay in the tent?

pat a · · ann arbor, mi · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Last year we were there for the whole week.  It's a GREAT time if the weather conditions hold out.  

Camp at Lago Linda's if you like it quiet, or Miguel's if you want a bit more of a party.

Miguel's has their big thanksgiving dinner, which you absolutely have to go to. The crags are relatively quiet, but you'll have no trouble finding american misfits shirking their families and foreigners to climb with.  

Dunno where you're studying, but we're in Ann Arbor and will be heading down the weekend before thanksgiving, but not climbing quite that hard.  I think I know of some other folks from the area that will be heading down for thanksgiving if you want help finding a partner.  

snobbit · · Denver, CO · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 10
Troy S · · Waltham, MA · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 55

Micha, I'm driving down from Boston with my girlfriend this Saturday and I'll be there till the following weekend 11/26. You're welcome to join us if you need a partner, I'm looking to get on mostly 12's.

Dakota Whittaker · · Groton, CT · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 10

Hey, I might be heading to the red over thanksgiving as well if anyone is interested in joining me. I'm mostly wanting to get on 12s and maybe project table of colors. 

Hey guys, very cool. I'm still looking for a partner, my plan is to stay on miguel's campground. I will arrive wednesday afternoon so first day of climbing will be on Thursday. 

Maxwell Henderson · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 20

Hey anyone heading down the weekend before Thanksgiving (11/17-11/20)?? I’m hoping to get down and would love to join up with a group.  I’m open to get on pretty much anything 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Climbing in Red River Gorge at thanksgiving"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started