Mountain Project Logo

WTB: F Stop Ajna or similar model

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Jack Dougherty · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 20

Hi,

I'm in the market for an F Stop camera bag.  Either the current ajna model or the Loka if its in good shape.  PM if you have a bag thats collecting dust and you'd want turned into some cash!

Thanks

Jack

Mikey Schaefer · · Reno, NV · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 233

I've used some of the F-stop bags and can't say I've ever been that impressed.  There are generally overbuilt with way too many zippers and pockets and don't carry particularly well.  And they are ridiculously priced!

What I've been doing lately is using the Patagonia Cragsmith 35L.  This has a hinged back panel like the F-stop but is lighter and simpler.  I then use a F-stop ICU inside for the camera gear.  (I've got a couple different ICU sizes depending on my kit)  The 35L can be a bit small at times if I have to pack rope, harness, rigging gear and camera.  There is a redesigned 45L model coming out soon but I don't think till after January sometime.  These packs retail for $129 and I bet you could easily find one for $100 during a sale.  So about half the price of an F-stop.

Sorry for the unsolicited advice but I think it is a good option if you can't find a deal on the F-Stop that you want.

Jack Dougherty · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 20

Mikey, I'm curious what the largest size ICU you can fit into your cragsmith is?  How padded is the zip up back panel?  Thanks for the advice. 

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started