Mountain Project Logo

Photo upload in phone app

Original Post
MattWallace · · Center Harbor, NH · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 8,752

It would be great to be able to upload photos from the iPhone straight from the App. Unless I missed something glaringly obvious you must leave the app and upload photos using the mountain project webpage not the app. Any plans to make this possible?

Jason Halladay · · Los Alamos, NM · Joined Oct 2005 · Points: 15,153

I appreciate the idea but I wonder if that functionality would result in a lot of "cruff" with tons of poor phone camera images clogging up the area and route pages?

Travis Kaney · · Green Bay, WI · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 420

I'd also love to be able to add a comment to a route/area!

Rob D · · Queens, NY · Joined May 2011 · Points: 30
Jason Halladay wrote:I appreciate the idea but I wonder if that functionality would result in a lot of "cruff" with tons of poor phone camera images clogging up the area and route pages?
The quality of the pictures on mp for each route are one of the biggest weaknesses. I for one, would love to have some high-quality iphone pictures instead of what we have now for most routes (which is either no picture, or a butt shot)

I think with the quality of iPhone photo's and the photo editing software that comes with the phone there would be plenty of great photo's.

as said above, I think a less the perfect photo for some routes would be better than no photo's at all...

David Edwards · · Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Maybe commenting on this thread  a couple years later will get them thinking about updating the app? I'm pretty sure at this point that phone cameras are equal to most of the cameras we would be carrying to the crag anyways.

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098
David Edwards wrote:

Maybe commenting on this thread  a couple years later will get them thinking about updating the app? I'm pretty sure at this point that phone cameras are equal to most of the cameras we would be carrying to the crag anyways.

Actually, we did just talk about this and will finally be doing it in the next couple months.

Forever Outside · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 270

I'm just thrilled you brought back the bookmarks.  Thank you.

Jeremy Bauman · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,067
Nick Wilder wrote:

Actually, we did just talk about this and will finally be doing it in the next couple months.

Love the idea, but would really love to be able to only download Beta photos.. Not really interested in seeing 20 poor quality photos of people flailing when I'm just trying to get route beta. 

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098
Jeremy Bauman wrote:

Love the idea, but would really love to be able to only download Beta photos.. Not really interested in seeing 20 poor quality photos of people flailing when I'm just trying to get route beta. 

We will soon add the ability to click "Beta" next to all photos.  We will have no data to start... but as we get more, we'll be able to prioritize all photos marked "Beta" in the app.

David Edwards · · Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hey o! Now let's see how well this community can self regulate. Maybe there's any approval process for photos to help provide consistent quality? 

Jason A · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

Yeah not being able to upload photos from your phone is completely incompatible with how mobile tech is used these days. One should be able to submit GPS location (which can also be extracted from photo exif, btw), take a picture of the route, upload, and comment on it when it's sent. Kind of a bummer that you can't do this.

Austin Paine · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

This is great to see that it's being implemented! Please let us know when the feature is ready! Being able to upload helpful pics right from the app would be perfect

Corinne DeCorte · · New Jersey · Joined Mar 2019 · Points: 66

Any update on this?  Sure would be nice to upload photos from the phone.  

BUMP

Ron Birk · · Boston, MA · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 4,263

I would love to be able upload photo in forum posts. I encountered a closure last weekend. Took a photo and had no way to share it with the community. 

Marc B · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2020 · Points: 22

Still waiting for this

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

iPhone & Android App Feedback
Post a Reply to "Photo upload in phone app"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started